Military probes how nukes flew over U.S.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think much the "Nuclear Genie" has been let of out the bottle with the "Atoms for Peace" project started by Pres. Eisenhower back in 1953...

And, from what I have read, there has been a bunch of efforts to reclassify nuclear weapons technologies from many decades ago that was originally declassified for various reasons (that I am sure all made sense at the time).

The rest is now is probably just focused on physical security for the nuclear materials and components needed to make big/dirty bombs.

-Bill

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think much the "Nuclear Genie" has been let of out the bottle with the "Atoms for Peace" project started by Pres. Eisenhower back in 1953...

"Seemed like a good idea at the time", famous last words. Ironic it has the word "Peace" in it. I question anything with the word "Peace" in the title, because it usually means we're going to get screwed.

And, from what I have read, there has been a bunch of efforts to reclassify nuclear weapons technologies from many decades ago that was originally declassified for various reasons (that I am sure all made sense at the time).

Not sure how/if that will work, but it just makes my point. If they're trying to reclassify things, they should not have been declassified to begin with.

The rest is now is probably just focused on physical security for the nuclear materials and components needed to make big/dirty bombs.

Like the movement?

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Ft Knox doesn't have the largest store of Gold in the US.

The largest is in the Federal Reserve Bank in NYC! Not only the majority of the US gold, but believe it or not, a LOT of other countries have a supply of gold there. A lot of "gold transfers" are done by moving bars of gold from one cage to another. Also, many of the major bank HQs in the area have gold vaults - fun to watch Chase or the Bank of Tokyo getting a gold shipment (or the other way) - picture an armored cars that is a tractor trailer. The pull up outside than bank, and a forklift comes out and unloads the truck. Needless to say, there are armed guards in the area. Usually with machine guns. What is particularly fun is that 99% of the people walking by don't stop to look - after all, we're NYers, so we've seen everything ;)