Milky Room Sweeper

ramplit

Newly Enlightened
Milkyspit,

Got it last night! WOW!!! As usual, first blink it's ok, then start finding dark corners :naughty:. Thought I'd be a smart a** and compare it to the M6-540. HooHa...the Room Sweeper out-flooded the 540!!!! The little battery sucker does get hot at about 1 min. of power on fresh batteries so I've got to go back and read some of the operating hints, but we're off to a tactical school at the end of the month and I'm sure it will turn some heads!!! Well done and thank you!!!:twothumbs

Ramplit

pOkiE

Newly Enlightened
what kind of output and runtime would you get running the roomsweeper off a single 123 primary? and would you be able to fit a MC-E gosling into a standard E1E head?

edit: idk how I forgot to put it in earlier but awesome work! I have yet to purchase a milky mod but am excited to start!

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Milky, have you tried a P7 with a KL1 optic?, what would be the results?
I did some experiementing with one and it can be focused but you get the four square boxes thing going on so I gave it up. i want to try some aftermarket optics instead of the SF tir....

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
manoloco said:
Milky, have you tried a P7 with a KL1 optic?, what would be the results?

Manoloco, I've played with the P7 in an aspheric optic, which is somewhat similar to a TIR optic though more tightly focused and with more artifacts... as Pontiaker said, the beam tends to show four squares... in other words, a projection of the four chips that produce light under the P7 dome.

The Room Sweeper doesn't really lend itself to such an optic due to its mission: illuminating a typical room as fully as possible along the room's full length AND width. The customized reflector in the Room Sweeper accomplishes the mission far better than a TIR optic such as the one from the KL1 head could.

That said, my Gossamer and Gosling builds use a Cree MC-E coupled with a SureFire TIR optic and deliver a nice beam. Brightness is competitive with the Room Sweeper, maybe a little less bright but close enough to be in the same ballpark at least... and the optic delivers a more narrow, concentrated beam, essentially a big hotspot with only a little secondary spill. The Gossamer and Gosling builds also offer multiple levels of brightness, miser, strobe, and some other goodies. Room Sweeper and Gossamer/Gosling are two capable lights designed for distinctly different purposes.

what kind of output and runtime would you get running the roomsweeper off a single 123 primary? and would you be able to fit a MC-E gosling into a standard E1E head?

edit: idk how I forgot to put it in earlier but awesome work! I have yet to purchase a milky mod but am excited to start!

Hi pOkiE, many thanks for your kind words! Whenever you want to explore some sort of project, it would be my pleasure. You can PM or email me at...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

As to Room Sweeper with primary cell, a very rough estimate on output and runtime might be 100 lumens for 4 hours.

Gosling build does not fit in a regular E1E head due to lack of space for the necessary circuitry.

curlyfry562

Enlightened
A word of warning to all those roomsweeper owners, be careful that the light doesn't turn on in you pocket:whistle:.

I was carrying mine on a camping trip, bezel up in the front pocket of a pair of blue jeans, then I started feeling this very warm sensation in my pants:ohgeez:. I quickly realized it was my roomsweeper and played hot potato with it while trying to turn it off.

I thought I should give you guys a heads up so you can avoid the embarrassment.

Lesson learned: buy a Z68 tailcap and/or a holster.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hmmm.... I know someone who makes good leather holsters for E-series Surefire lights. :whistle:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm.... I know someone who makes good leather holsters for E-series Surefire lights. :whistle:

Who?
I haven't made many flashlight holsters recently. Have been doing quite a few pistol belts and holsters. Here's one from this last weekend. Hold's a .44 flashlight with 32 spare "flashes". Oxblood and black. Holster lined with pigskin.

P9086161.jpg

P9086162.jpg

smflorkey

Newly Enlightened
Who?
I haven't made many flashlight holsters recently. Have been doing quite a few pistol belts and holsters. Here's one from this last weekend. Hold's a .44 flashlight with 32 spare "flashes". Oxblood and black. Holster lined with pigskin.
Very pretty. :thumbsup: Seems like it would hold a .41 Blackhawk about as well, but I probably couldn't get away with walking around southern California like that. Probably needs a spot for a Room Sweeper on the other side -- to keep it "balanced." :grin2: You do keep me dreaming.

nbp

Flashaholic
Some cool stuff there! I'm continually amazed at some of the mods that are done around here. Very nice :twothumbs

Sooooo, Milky....what can you do with an L4 I've got here??? Hmmmm? :naughty:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems he only makes them in his spare time. :huh:

Monocrom, I assume you meant Hogo makes the holsters in his spare time? :thinking:

Some cool stuff there! I'm continually amazed at some of the mods that are done around here. Very nice :twothumbs

Sooooo, Milky....what can you do with an L4 I've got here??? Hmmmm? :naughty:

Nbp, there are a number of things to be done... a Boxter build using Seoul P4 or Luxeon K2-TFFC emitter with Acorn driver or similar, possibly with custom firmware... a Gossamer or Gosling build for similar functionality but with massively greater overall output, though at the cost of runtime and additional heat generation... possibly some as-yet-experimental upgrades involving an SST50 emitter, perhaps SST90 emitter... high CRI versions of some of the above. I've probably overlooked some! :ohgeez:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Monocrom, I assume you meant Hogo makes the holsters in his spare time? :thinking:

Yup, that's what I meant.

Going to take this opportunity to say how much I love your Snake Eyes concept. Liked it so much, I bought the one donn was selling. (Glad to see it being used in the U2 model). Honestly though, I prefer bezel-up carry; so the KL3 Snake Eyes I got from donn will soon be sitting on a two cell Centurion body. :twothumbs

Still plan on getting a RoomSweeper of my own in the near future. . . I think my wallet is going to hate me. :)

Last edited:

helios

Newly Enlightened
Milky,
Are you still making the E2E Roomsweeper?
Its been awhile since the thread started so can you quote a current price and turnaround time?
Thanks.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky,
Are you still making the E2E Roomsweeper?
Its been awhile since the thread started so can you quote a current price and turnaround time?
Thanks.

Helios, yes, I'm still making the E2E Room Sweeper... I make a smaller, E1E version as well.

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened
Wanted to bring this tread back to show case my Room Sweeper. I absolutely love this light! It's compact and very bright, the FM body is just icing on the cake!

Thx Milky!

P1010019.jpg

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
Lets see some business end pics also Gunsmoke. You can include the Hollowpoints again also, maybe the pistol they ride in also !!:grin2: