• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Lights for Sale...All Sold!!

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Milkyspit Lights for Sale....New Prices Reductions...

Is #7 still available? Or even a blak bodied one?

What is the runtime on high?
What is the beam pattern like...I'm partial to a thrower.
Is it really putting out 303 lumens?
How exactly does the miser mode work? several clicks or push and hold?
What's the difference ,if any, between the KX1 and KX2 heads?

Also read this per Milkyspit...

To summarize...

1x RCR123 = great!
1x 17670 = great!
2x123 primaries = great!
2x RCR123 = NOT ADVISABLE :eek:oo:

Will a 17670 fit in this light then?

Last edited:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is #7 still available? Yes, #7 is still available. So is #8, the Black one. Or even a blak bodied one?

What is the runtime on high? 45 minutes on 2 primaries
What is the beam pattern like...I'm partial to a thrower. It has the Surefire TIR optics, so its a great thrower, nice white beam.
Is it really putting out 303 lumens? According to Milky, Yes!
How exactly does the miser mode work? several clicks or push and hold? To go from Regular to Miser, push 40 times. You will see the difference. To go back another 40 times. It is really cool!
What's the difference ,if any, between the KX1 and KX2 heads? No...

Also read this per Milkyspit...

To summarize...

1x RCR123 = great!
1x 17670 = great!
2x123 primaries = great!
2x RCR123 = NOT ADVISABLE :eek:oo:

Will a 17670 fit in this light then? You can send it to Milky to bore out for $30.00...

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

ColoradoGPS, please forgive me for jumping in, wanted to offer some additional info...

What is the runtime on high? 45 minutes on 2 primaries

#7 that ColoradoGPS is selling should give you 1 hour runtime at max output on 2x123 primary cells. The lower levels will run many, many times longer.

Is it really putting out 303 lumens?

The 303 lumens applies to the AcornHC 1.3 driver that I mounted in my recent sprint run of Creemators. The AcornHC 1.0 driver in a Creemator should generate 255 lumens on average... it's possible a particularly good LED will run somewhat brighter than that. The AcornHC 1.0 has longer runtimes than the 1.3 version of the driver and handles smaller cells such as a single RCR123 rechargeable better, holding regulation for longer. The 1.0 will also produce less heat than the 1.3 would at max output.

In fairness, 255 lumens to the human eye looks only 6.7% less bright than 303 lumens, and you'll gain 33% longer runtime at all levels in conjunction with the loss. IMHO not a bad tradeoff! :)

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

Milky,

Thanks for the additional info!

Anytime....

:thumbsup:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Milkyspit Lights for Sale....Newest Prices Reductions...

Even lower prices...

No additional charge for PayPal!

Thanks....

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast

gonna have to pass on #4, sweet light though. thanks for answering all my questions. free bump!

stansbrew

Newly Enlightened

Got my CREEMATOR today, Love it! fast shippng and SUPER light!!
Thanks Colorododrogps!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

BanjoBill

Newly Enlightened

Bump for some great lights that should be sold by now.

......Bill

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know this isn't my sale, but wanted to offer some offhand thoughts on the lights remaining. ColoradoGPS, if this isn't wanted please say the word and I will remove. Anyway, thought the info might be helpful to folks. Here's what's available as I write this, copied from the first post...

1. Mini Milky Floodmaster....$225...$220...$215...$210
Details:
- KL1 rev1 HA-NAT "Floodmaster"
- SSCP4 USWOH Acorn867 (v7.07.24.01)
- Vital Gear FB1 Clicky 1x123 Tail
- ACORN works with 1x Li-Ion OR 2x123 primaries

#1 was a favorite of mine that I passed along to CGPS simply because the light was spending too much time in my drawer, and I wanted to send it along to a home where it could get more use. I've never built one like this... it's got a Pyrex domed lens that ordinarily would have no business being on this generation of KL1 head. The reflector is a custom-cut Khatod20mm heavy stipple, which does in fact have a hotspot, albeit an exceptionally soft one... the glare is so nonexistent that a person could look at something in the palm of his hand without seeing spots afterward... illumination is very even, providing the benefit of a floodlight with drastically better range than a pure flooder like a mule would deliver. There's also a happy accident in this light: the domed lens seems to spread the beam just a bit and enhance the even illumination aspect, to the point that the light coming from this head is almost ambient... if you weren't holding the flashlight it would be hard to tell where the light source was! Plus the driver is running exactly the same firmware as used in the Gotham flashlights, and provides the same well-spaced four brightness levels plus all the other amenities of that driver. The LED is handpicked as one of the best I had on hand at the time of the build... max output is likely in the 180-200 lumens vicinity. The driver itself is very efficient, running on average about 95% efficiency from a single rechargeable. Also, the Acorn firmware is upgradable down the road if the buyer wishes, simply by sending the light to me and paying a nominal fee.

4. Arc LS Nat...$170...$165...$160...$155
Details:
- SSCP4 USWOH McR16ms 585mA MG
- Very compact and great beam
- 2 Levels
- Aleph1x123cut HA-NAT
- McClicky DualStageTwist/Click with Paracord Lanyard Loop

#4 was my EDC for 6 months or so a while back and was built along the lines of what I wish in my "ultimate walking light," itself a quest that probably has no end! That said, there are some subtleties in this one put there for that purpose. The beam has a combination of throw and spill reminiscent of the Milky L1 builds. The switch is twist for on/off and click for high/low, allowing the user to preselect high or low beam even when the light is off... plus being twist for on/off makes the light far less prone to turning itself on when carried in a bag or pocket. The rubber ring around the head is present so one can hold the light in the palm, keeping the tailswitch still with one's pinky, and twisting the head end between thumb and index finger to turn on or off... I find this by far the more comfortable way to grip the light. The tailswitch, of course, allows the light to tailstand for hands-free use. The lanyard loop on the tail is made from a segment of paracord with the ends melted into hard plastic stop points, so the loop cannot be fall off but also doesn't impede switch activation. This is another case of a light I like that wasn't seeing the use it deserved around here.

5. Surefire Backup KX2 "CREEmator"...$305...$300...$295....$290
Details:
- HA-BK CreeXRE Focusable TIR
- AcornHC 1.0 ('Bailey' Firmware) 4 modes + Miser Mode
- E1B Body and E2D Guarded Tailswitch

#5 light is similar to the 1.3 Amp Creemators I'd sold in a sprint run a few weeks ago, except this one has max output of 1 Amp rather than 1.3 Amps. That means max output will be around 255 lumens instead of 303 lumens, but also that runtime will be at least 30% longer. The output difference as the human eye perceives it will be only 7% or so. IMHO this one is well suited for single-cell use given the longer runtime, reduced demands on the small RCR123 rechargeable, and not-that-significant decrease in brightness. HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind grabbing a spare guarded tailswitch... so if the buyer wishes to trade me that for a standard E1B clicky tail, I'll upgrade this light to 1.3 Amps free of charge. Not sure if that helps anyone, but let me know if you're interested.

7. Surefire KX1 "CREEmator"......$280...$275...$270...$265
Details:
- HA-NAT EL2 Body
- CreeXRE Focusable TIR
- AcornHC 1.0 ('Bailey' Firmware) 4 Modes + Miser Mode
- Z57 Clicky Tailswitch
- Optimally runs on (2) RCR123s

CGPS has the description for #7 wrong... a Creemator does NOT want to run on 2xRCR123, this would damage the light... it DOES run happily on 2x123 PRIMARY CELLS or on a SINGLE rechargeable of any size.

The comments about AcornHC 1.0 vs. AcornHC 1.3 for #5 also apply here. Note that 1.0 and 1.3 are NOT version designations... a 1.3 is NOT a new and improved version, it's just a higher-powered and shorter-runtime version.

8. Surefire KL1 on a Black E2E body......$215...$210...$205...$200
Details:
- SCP4 (USWOH), IMS20 smooth reflector
- Glo-ring seals the lens
- The driver is an SOB1000
- Has a very clean beam with a strong hotspot with a gorgeous flood
- Black Z61 Clicky Tailswitch

#8 is a great light for all-around use, with good throw plus an exceptionally smooth beam... actually, the beam is on par with that of the Gotham but this particular light is brighter than the Gotham. Overall output is in the 220-230 lumens ballpark and runtime is 90 minutes or so with excellent regulation. The light is also compatible with various dual-stage tailswitches available from the Sandwich Shoppe and elsewhere. The light runs happily on anywhere from 5 to 16 volts.

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

Milky,

Thanks for providing the additional Information!

Priceless!!!!

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

StrayLight

Enlightened

I'll take the Mini Milky Floodmaster per our PM.

Paypal sent.

Last edited:

StrayLight

Enlightened

Mini Floodmaster received. Thorough packaging job, thanks.

Free bump for the rest. Milky lights are the bomb.

Patriot

Flashaholic

The 303 lumens applies to the AcornHC 1.3 driver that I mounted in my recent sprint run of Creemators. The AcornHC 1.0 driver in a Creemator should generate 255 lumens on average... it's possible a particularly good LED will run somewhat brighter than that. The AcornHC 1.0 has longer runtimes than the 1.3 version of the driver and handles smaller cells such as a single RCR123 rechargeable better, holding regulation for longer. The 1.0 will also produce less heat than the 1.3 would at max output.

Scott, approximately how long can a single AW cell maintain that output? Is the 1.3 driver a 1.3amp driver? If you can answer this Colorado, that would be fine too. :)

Thanks

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scott, approximately how long can a single AW cell maintain that output? Is the 1.3 driver a 1.3amp driver? If you can answer this Colorado, that would be fine too. :)

Thanks

IF the head were running at the full 1.3 Amps on a single RCR123 (see below for more on this), you should see roughly 28 minutes at max output... but there's a little more to the story...

It takes a Cree emitter with particularly low voltage requirement for a single RCR123 to run the light at the full 1.3 Amps... a Li-Ion cell this small being pushed that hard will experience some voltage sag, and in many cases that's enough to make the difference between reaching 1.3 Amps and falling a little short... it's a lot of current to demand from a cell of that size! I'd noted this in the initial post of my CREEmator Sprint Run thread a few weeks back. That said, the light will still be quite bright and the user probably wouldn't notice the change until well into the run... and because of this characteristic, the light would show MORE than the calculated 28 minutes in real-world use. How much more? That depends on Vf of the emitter in the light, quality and charge state of the RCR123, and other factors.

I know that answer's a little murky but hopefully it at least points you in the right direction! :eek:oo:

For reference, the AcornHC 1.0 would likely drive the Creemator at max output for 36 minutes on an AW brand RCR123 Li-Ion rechargeable.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Perfect! I'll go and read the other thread that you referred to also.

That answers all my questions and the response wasn't too murky. I realize you can't give everything away.

Thanks for the help. :)

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened

How would #5 work with CR123 primaries?

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

On a single cell body, not really.

You need to use a single rechargeable or move the head to a two cell body.

It works great running on two CR123 primaries.