• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
Re: Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part II

Hi Scott!

I want to send you a KL6 head for Seoul mod. What is your email? I used to have the addy. I also sent you a PM...

Thanks,

Jeff

AC_Doctor

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast

That Longbow looks familiar!

Per Arne

Enlightened

Hi Scott,

Sorry to bother you again, but any news about my ML-1 "update" :whistle:

Would it be possible to mod an ARC LS with SSCP4 USWOH running on 2x AA Lithium batteries and if so what kind of Lumen and runtime are we talking about? Price?

Thanks again for your time!

PA

ps: still not sure what to do with my KL2 :confused:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

[size=+1]Jurphaas Eye Candy[/size]

Built this version of the M375 Floodmax for FF member Jurphaas a bit ago, but not sure if I posted any eye candy yet. It was an interesting build plus perhaps the last use of the McR11 reflectors I had left... they seem to have become Unobtanium since then... enjoy! :D

img-m375-floodmax-jurphaas-profile.jpg

Some feedback...

Hello Scott,
I am very interested in a KL2 mod
I sent you a PM a few days ago I hope to hear you soon :)
Thanks a lot
David

David, as always I'm digging out of PM and will get back to you ASAP. Went to pickup my son from soccer yesterday, spent some quality time, then taught Sunday School today... and the reward when I returned home was my PM Inbox hitting its 100 message limit! :ohgeez:

Hi Scott!

I want to send you a KL6 head for Seoul mod. What is your email? I used to have the addy. I also sent you a PM...

Thanks,

Jeff

AC_Doctor

Jeff, same as above. As for the email...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

(posted as a graphic to discourage spammers from harvesting it)

KL6 with SEOULmation upgrade has really nice results and I'd love to help... looking forward to your email and/or reaching you via PM. Thanks! :eek:

That Longbow looks familiar!

:naughty:

Hi Scott,

Sorry to bother you again, but any news about my ML-1 "update" :whistle:

Would it be possible to mod an ARC LS with SSCP4 USWOH running on 2x AA Lithium batteries and if so what kind of Lumen and runtime are we talking about? Price?

Thanks again for your time!

PA

ps: still not sure what to do with my KL2 :confused:

Per Arne, I haven't done your ML-1 upgrade yet but am ready to do so... do you want me to send it back immediately or wait for the KL2 upgrade to be done as well?

For KL2, some (but not all) possibilities: single-brightness M273 M375 X464... single-brightness color-enhanced 'Pinky' build... multi-brightness X325.4 using Acorn1.3 driver... 4-emitter builds in single or multi brightness...

Also, I may have some TranquillityBase Ti bezel rings available with any of these KL2 builds, with the bezel ring costing about $85. You don't need it, of course, but it is a nice touch by one of the Ti masters. :thumbsup:

Freyth

Enlightened

Hi Scott,

I sent you a pm but haven't heard from you since.

jaybiz32

Enlightened

Scott,
Just wanted to know if you had an estimted timeframe for my two mods. The m-876 and 2d"mega light"
Joe

Per Arne

Enlightened

OK Scott, I think I would like to go for the M375-build in my KL2... with protection :whistle:

Please let me know the spec and price so I can do some paypal asap ;)

PA

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Scott,

I sent you a pm but haven't heard from you since.

Freyth, we haven't even settled on a build! But in our back-and-forth we were discussing a couple different lights at once, and you had a number of questions. There's nothing wrong with that! You're certainly entitled to ask the questions, and I would very much like to answer them plus move your builds forward. I got a little overwhelmed with the number of things to answer, info I wanted to provide... and eventually dropped the ball altogether. That's my mistake! But I haven't forgotten and will get you the info you need, as soon as I can. Sorry for my own failing. :(

Scott,
Just wanted to know if you had an estimted timeframe for my two mods. The m-876 and 2d"mega light"
Joe

Jaybiz, M876 is closer to completion than the mega build, mainly because the components I'll need to use are known, and I've been down this particular road (buildwise) before. I doubt I'll have your light finished this week... more likely is next week. As for the mega light, that one will probably not happen until the M876 is finished... I'd like to get one of the lights into your hands to enjoy while I'm finishing the other.

OK Scott, I think I would like to go for the M375-build in my KL2... with protection :whistle:

Please let me know the spec and price so I can do some paypal asap ;)

PA

Per Arne, sounds good... M375 fine, protection fine. Will email and/or PM you pricing. :thumbsup:

[size=+1]Pinky Comes to KL2![/size]

As some folks may be aware, I've done a handful of 'Pinky' builds, designed for enhanced color rendition, over the past year or so... but all these existed either in Mag builds or within SureFire KT4 turbohead mods. Finally it dawned on me that I could build a scaled-down version of the 'Pink Panther' I'd made for SilverFox (he posted a review thread for that one elsewhere on CPF) within the humble KL2 head! Without further ado...

img-m340-kl2-pinky-collage.jpg

Groundhog66

Banned

Received my 2 LionCubs today, GREAT mods. Very clean, very bright, very nice. Thank you for programming them also, saved me time.

I will send the 2 First Run Arc's to you soon, we will discuss the specs.

I also want to do the BRIGHTEST M6 EVER, contact me with details please.

KODOS TO YOU MY FRIEND, you never let me down.....:twothumbs

Freyth

Enlightened

Freyth, we haven't even settled on a build! But in our back-and-forth we were discussing a couple different lights at once, and you had a number of questions. There's nothing wrong with that! You're certainly entitled to ask the questions, and I would very much like to answer them plus move your builds forward. I got a little overwhelmed with the number of things to answer, info I wanted to provide... and eventually dropped the ball altogether. That's my mistake! But I haven't forgotten and will get you the info you need, as soon as I can. Sorry for my own failing. :(

I fully understand. Why don't we settle on the ML1 builds first? The KL2 builds can be hold on for a while until we're done with the ML1. I'm sure that'll be better for us.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received my 2 LionCubs today, GREAT mods. Very clean, very bright, very nice. Thank you for programming them also, saved me time.

I will send the 2 First Run Arc's to you soon, we will discuss the specs.

I also want to do the BRIGHTEST M6 EVER, contact me with details please.

KODOS TO YOU MY FRIEND, you never let me down.....:twothumbs

Groundy, first of all it's a huge relief that the Cubs arrived safely! And of course I'm delighted that they're to your liking. The programming was my pleasure! :eek:

BTW, to all, here's a photo or two taken quickly of those particular Cubs...

img-lioncub-pillow-heads.jpg

img-lioncub-pillow-beams.jpg

I'll watch for the First Runs... please don't forget the lenses if you've got some! I've yet to build up much of a supply of good lenses in that size.

M6, huh... BRIGHTEST EVER... well, off the top of my head I'm thinking 7x SSCP4 driven way into X-territory (as in X1400-M6) coupled with a power source beefy enough to take it. Runtime won't be great, but it'll be bright as the ****ens! Send over the M6 whenever convenient. :naughty:

Thanks again from the kind words! :eek:

jcompton

Enlightened

Hi Scott,
Just wondering when you would like for me to send the E1L over to you? It's all packed up and anxiously waiting to come for a visit. I also have another idea (for a different light) that I'd like to run by you when you get a chance.

Thanks,
John

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

[size=+1]SuperNOVA![/size]

Just did my first-ever mod to the new Novatac120 series of lights. Kid9P wanted a longer-throwing, narrower beam, and jumped all over my suggestion that we install a TIR optic from the SureFire KL1gen4 series of heads. The result accomplished the mission and actually ended up better than I might have hoped! Plus the domed lens fit onto the Novatac just looks darned cool. ;)

Just Out Of Surgery: Note the optic distorts the view of the glow ring inside, making it appear somewhat off-center when it's actually not.
img-novatac120-tir-angled.jpg

Stock Novatac beam: Nothing wrong with this, but it's clearly not optimized for throw
img-novatac120-tir-ceiling-stock.jpg

SuperNOVA beam: Narrower and longer-throwing! :D
img-novatac120-tir-ceiling-tir.jpg

Kid9P has posted a review thread over here.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Scott,
Just wondering when you would like for me to send the E1L over to you? It's all packed up and anxiously waiting to come for a visit. I also have another idea (for a different light) that I'd like to run by you when you get a chance.

Thanks,
John

John, PM replied. Send the E1L over whenever you wish, and I answered another question of yours pertaining to availability of the Goth. As for your other idea, you have my phone number in that PM, so by all means feel free to call anytime.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

[size=+1]KL2-Based Pink Panther[/size]
a.k.a. M340-KL2 'Pinky'

After building the TigerLight-based Pink Panther for Silverfox, it occurred to me that might not be a bad idea in the SureFire KL2 head, with scaled-down reflectors to fit in that head. Turns out it's a pretty decent little light! In addition to the enhanced color rendition, somehow the beam seems a little brighter than one might expect... it's more contrasty and 'heavier' in general than the typical LED beam. Woohoo! :eek:

img-m340-kl2-pinky-collage.jpg

[size=+1]Poor Man's HDS, a la ArcLS-IQ[/size]

Fellow CPFer Rudi sent over an old ArcLS that needed an upgrade in general... it had been relegated to drawer duty. I got a little out of control with the upgrades, though, until about all that was left of the original light was the shell itself! :eek:oo:

The resulting light incorporates a mineral glass lens, McR16ms reflector, SSCP4 USWOH emitter, 600mA constant current boost circuit in modified e-can configuration, and last but not least, a NiteIze IQ tailswitch... this combo delivers about 145 lumens max output, 3 brightness levels, 2 blinking signal beacons, momentary on capability, and a very cool little red LED in the tailcap itself that flashes once every several seconds as an aid in finding the light in the dark... and the whole thing even tailstands. All this while actually remaining a bit shorter and narrower than an HDS... kinda reminds one of a poor man's HDS (or Novatac) of sorts!

img-arcls-iq-hds.jpg

jcompton

Enlightened

Very Nice!!!

jaybiz32

Enlightened

OK scott sounds good. Looking forwrd to it. Once the M-876 is finished we can talk about the specifics about the "Mega light" Not sure why I call it that but don't know what else to call it. I was thinking p4's or even the new q5's overdriven as hard as you think safely possible, and of course appropriote power source. We can discuss later.
Hope all is well.
Joe

Per Arne

Enlightened

Hi Scott, any news for me? I am missing my ML1 :mecry:
PA

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Scott, any news for me? I am missing my ML1 :mecry:
PA

Aw, don't cry, Per Arne. Your ML1 has been finished for several days now, and we need only settle some very minor issues. Do you want it shipped back immediately, or wait to ship it with the M375 head? Do you still want those OregonShooter tailcaps you had mentioned in your original request? Please PM or email me at your convenience, I could even call you if you PM your phone number to me. Dry those tears, man! :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.