• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcompton

Enlightened
Re: Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part II

Hi Scott,

If you would get in touch with me before you put that TiCN Ti PD-S back together it would be greatly appreciated... I'm considering swapping a thing or two.

Thanks,
John

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

[size=+1]M603-KT4 'Amberina'[/size]

Just finished a longstanding build for a fellow CPFer... per his preference, this light mounts a single amber emitter in the center position to give the overall beam a warmer feel...

img-m603-kt4-amberina-emitters.jpg

The beam converges almost right out of the light, but still I thought this photo (although inaccurate) was kinda cool, and shows the emitters at work in their various positions...

img-m603-kt4-amberina-impression.jpg

Can you guess who this build was for?

img-m603-kt4-amberina-blah.jpg

Will eventually post a thread about this light with some additional photos.

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."

Ghee....i wish mine was that close to being finished. :(

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Added this contact info to the end of the original post...

[size=+2]How To Contact Milkyspit![/size]

In general, a PM on CPF is a good way to reach me, though there are occasions when this won't work... perhaps PM Inbox is full, perhaps CPF is having a hiccup...

If you can't get a PM sent on CPF, you might want to send one to me on CPF Marketplace. I monitor both.

Or you could send me an email... I suggest you put the word 'CPF' somewhere in the subject line to make it easier for me to separate your email from all the spam...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

Regarding phone calls: I don't provide my phone number publicly but if you're unable to reach me by the above means, you might want to get my phone number from a fellow CPFer, there are several who know how to reach me. Or have them call me, give them a way I can get back to you (phone number and/or email address), and I'll get in touch as soon as I can. Sometimes a call is the best approach, though in many cases I would encourage you to try PM and/or email first.

If all else fails, post in this thread that you're trying to reach me. No need for details posted here, but at least I'll know I need to reach out to you!

Note: I do use Skype, which is potentially a useful way of doing a text chat... and I can call from Skype on my computer to a phone number pretty much anywhere in the world, so providing me with YOUR phone number would enable me to call YOU. Again, the above means of contact are probably preferable, but if it comes to it, this might be yet another way!

Hope this helps a bit.

Ghee....i wish mine was that close to being finished. :(

iNDiGLo, it's closer than you think.

Rudi

Enlightened

Groundy, first of all it's a huge relief that the Cubs arrived safely! And of course I'm delighted that they're to your liking. The programming was my pleasure! :eek:

Is this programming within the LC instructions, or a modification?
Is it to the original direct drive LC module, or to the later (and still current) fully regulated Cham module?

elt1

Newly Enlightened

Hi Scott,
Sent you a PM about your ML1 mod from a SF L1 Cree.
Cheers
Eugene

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]PhotonFest #9 (PF9)[/size]

Hosted PF9 at my house this past Saturday, and we had a record turnout... maybe 35 folks? Nobody bothered to get an exact count! :ohgeez: Among the highlights were the impressively long trips to the event by none other thanCmacclel, Radio, AND TranquillityBase. Lots of new folks at this one, too, along with a number of old standbys.

Mac and Radio brought a Tank Light. Larry (tvodrd) phoned in during the festivities. And Data unveiled his 'Data Bank.' What's a Data Bank you ask?

img-pf9-living-data-bank.jpg

Check out all the details in the PF9 thread over here!

:popcorn:

ss2nv

Newly Enlightened
Hey Scott. I was wondering about the status of my KT4 head build. I tried PMing you,but your inbox is full.
Thanks.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
SS2NV, could you perhaps PM me at the Marketplace? Or email...

Or call if you've still got the number.

I've got some good news on your build, by the way... :naughty:

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Scott,

Reading this thread reminded me that I've waited about six months for my x800 1D. Do you have a rough estimate of when I might receive it?

Thanks,
Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Scott,

I originally tried to send this as a pm or email but your pm box has rerached its limit and your email is no longer accepting new messages. I would prefer to be a little more private about this but evidently this the only place I can post.

Scott,

It occurred to me that one reason for the delay of my x800 1D could be that you need additional funds for it and are reticent about asking. Please don't be polite. If you need some more $ to complete the light please let me know!

l'll be sending you one or more lights that I don't need or use. I'm sure you can find good use for them.

Regards,
Brightnorm

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott,

I originally tried to send this as a pm or email but your pm box has rerached its limit and your email is no longer accepting new messages. I would prefer to be a little more private about this but evidently this the only place I can post.

Scott,

It occurred to me that one reason for the delay of my x800 1D could be that you need additional funds for it and are reticent about asking. Please don't be polite. If you need some more $ to complete the light please let me know!

l'll be sending you one or more lights that I don't need or use. I'm sure you can find good use for them.

Regards,
Brightnorm

Norm, that may or may not be the case, but it's probably more a combination of ineptitude on my part and difficulty sourcing parts that brings us to the present... and I've temporarily misplaced your phone number, and a PM to you has dropped off the bottom of my day's list several times now as I've (unsuccessfully) tried to keep my own PM Inbox cleared, reply to other folks about build inquiries, and (more successfully) actually build things to get back to folks. Regardless, I owe you an apology and would prefer to deliver it in real-time, on the phone. If you have my number I encourage you to give me a call anytime from 2pm onward today... barring that, try a PM to the Marketplace as I have plenty of capacity in the inbox over there.

[size=+1]The Rebel U2... All The Goodness with 500 Lumens![/size]

I'll be posting a thread on the SureFire U2 that I modified for iNDIGLo as soon as I have a chance to breathe... and it's my little guy's 3rd birthday party today, so today might not be the day... for now, here's the 'Skeleton Cat' collage I put together for a bit of Halloween U2 eye candy...

img-x500-u2-skeleton-cat-collage.jpg

There are some mentions of the Rebel U2 over in the PF9 thread (part 2)... turned out to be a popular light at the event! :eek:

[size=+1]M876 'Skalomonster'[/size]

Built this one for our own Skalomax...

img-m876-skalomonster-bookcover.jpg

Skalo has a thread on his new light over here... I'll post my own overview thread on the light, with specs and additional photos, soon.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi Milkyspit!

I have already read a lot about you and a lot of you watched. Your mods are really really great and very beautiful. I have a Surefire M3 and I would be for a M-Head with a Tri-Cree. Well, I wanted to ask times, so if you still have one. Or you can still build something?
What would it cost?

I would be very pleased if you would respond.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott -- I sent a pm to quarryrun cause your cpf box is full. Thanks.

Got it, replied... unless mistaken I believe we've got things taken care of.

Hi Milkyspit!

I have already read a lot about you and a lot of you watched. Your mods are really really great and very beautiful. I have a Surefire M3 and I would be for a M-Head with a Tri-Cree. Well, I wanted to ask times, so if you still have one. Or you can still build something?
What would it cost?

I would be very pleased if you would respond.

Hi Toby, thanks, I appreciate that. I'm not clear on whether you want your M3 head modified, or wish to have a completely new head built for your light. Yes, I am still building these and would be glad to help. Your cost would likely vary from $175 through perhaps $325, depending on whether you would be supplying your own head, specific emitter and reflector choices, type of heatsinking and matting, single vs. multiple brightness, and a number of other details. Best to contact me via PM here or Marketplace, or email me with specifics...

Status
Not open for further replies.