• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 4

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a chance to test the Milky K2 TFFC L1 against some mainstream XP-G R5 lights yesterday at the San Jose, CA CPF BBQ. AT 100 plus yards it does get beat by alot of those 20k~65k throwers:whistle:

At 10~15 feet it makes the Dereeligth XP-G DBS look dim. Yeah. its that much brighter or maybe its the nice tint of the K2 TFFC. :confused:

donn_

Flashaholic
The K2 TFFC is one of my favorite emitters. I've got a few of Milky's builds with it, including a KL6 and a turbo tower which is in a 3" Surefire turbo head. That one is a mean thrower.

Another favorite is a K2 TFFC, warm tint, in a GDuP light engine, running in an Aleph 1. Also a good thrower, and a beautiful tint.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 10~15 feet it makes the Dereeligth XP-G DBS look dim. Yeah. its that much brighter or maybe its the nice tint of the K2 TFFC. :confused:

The funny thing is that K2T (my shorthand for K2-TFFC) is running at a fairly same current... in my testing it was seeing perhaps 1.7A. A well-heatsinked K2T can go a lot higher than that, and needless to say, your particular piece is very well heatsinked.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a very friendly reminder that I messaged you a while back about a project. I have sent a follow up message. Please get back to me when possible.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Good chat on the phone. Those pics look great. You'll have to post the pics of the Arc build we discussed. It sounds bombproof.

Btw, :paypal:.

Cheers.

img-creemator-cubed-realworld.jpg

p73rs

Newly Enlightened
I just received my new light. :)

It is very beautiful. It has got the excellent beam/tint and produces lots of light. I like it very much.

It can be run with the primary battery, which is definitely plus for me because I use the primary battery mainly on this one.

Thank you very much.

HS

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
After I got a Milky L1 XR-E R2 DD Extreme with a whopping 390 OTF and 14.5K lux at 1m I thought what could possibly give more throw in a similar or smaller package.

The Answer: Milky L1 with K2 TFFC DD and IMS20 Smooth Reflector. At 1.7A or so of current at the tail off an AW 17500 cell it drives that K2 TFFC rather conservative. (I have ran them at 2A and 2.8A with no issues with huge Mag heatsinks)

The inspiration for this build came after testing AaronM's similar build, but AaronM's was more tame and I felt it could be taken to another level. Here is what AaronM K2 build did. This KL4 bezel had no copper heatsink, only ran at 1A~1.2A at the LED and had a McR20 Orange Peel reflector. So, the Milky L1 I have is driving a similar K2 at 1.7A (should settle at 1.5A), has a massive copper slug heatsink, uses IMS20 Smooth Reflector and makes a tiny hot spot too. The OTF and lux numbers are pending, but rest assured they will be way more then what you see in this L4 below.

Surefire L4_______K2 TFFC___________2 AW CR123________231.5______1 sec____524________13,100:party:
AaronM custom______________________________________226.9______30 sec________________________
Reflector is Aftermarket________________________________224.6______1 min_________________________
____________________________.55mA at tail____________ 221.5______2 min________________________
___________________________________________________ 219.2_____ 3 min________________________

51214a5a.jpg

39d1bc29.jpg

Hi all.

I got the Milky K2T tested and wholly tolito its bright. The only reason the output drops IMHO is because the cell is loosing capacity and since its DD it was expected. AT 1.7A its no slouch, but that tiny AW 17500 doesnt stand a chance at the power of the K2T:D Surprisingly; the lux is less with this smooth reflector at 9,875 1M. Maybe it needs the McR20 OP just like the AaronM L4 K2T.

Here is the OTF numbers:

1 sec = 300.6
30sec = 299.4
1 min = 276.4
2 min = 266.7
3 min = 264.2
4 min = 260.6

Last edited:

ledcarry

Enlightened
Hey Scott,

Per your email message yesterday confirming an available Arnor head ready for immediate purchase. I made the PayPal payment for head and E1E body and tail plus shipping and insurance. Emailed you my shipping info. :thumbsup:

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #2GC482434W167192T)

Thanks for the making this one available,

JM

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Bit confused.

Did I miss something? Scott has an e-mail Sign-up for when those modded lights are ready for sale?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Bit confused.

Did I miss something? Scott has an e-mail Sign-up for when those modded lights are ready for sale?

My fault (as usual!):

Monocrom, I think the fault is mine as it usually seems to be! As usual, I'm just about the worst marketer in existence, and seem to have caused nothing more than confusion. Sorry if that is the case. :fail:

Pointless pontification:

Here's what's happened: I've started keeping a bin of lights off to the side for customers who happen along looking to buy something right away. These are lights I'd built for my own use originally, or as prototypes, or variations I'd found interesting... I'm always doing that sort of thing, so it seemed like a good idea to make them available for others to enjoy if they wished.

I'm still trying to find the sweet spot in terms of how to let you guys know what's in the bin, without spending an inordinate amount of time describing the lights. (Got customers waiting for stuff too, after all, and they've got to remain my priority.)

The important part:

If anyone's interested in getting an email from me occasionally about something new I've tossed in the box, send me an email with "CPF" and your username somewhere in the subject line... you might also want to note that you want to hear about the one-offs and prototypes. Send your email to...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

I suppose I could try sending a text message too, so if that's of interest, let me know in your email.

The lights are strictly first come, first served, and are ready to ship.

This could be fun! If it works out, over time I could see transitioning more and more of my work to this kind of arrangement. Who knows! :popcorn:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
EDIT:

Signed up as well.

Scott, I sent you an e-mail from my Gmail account. Please contact me when you get a chance. Thank You.

Last edited:

737mech

Enlightened
Just got this one today, but sadly it has to go.
Project-M Extreme running 4x XPG's

IMG_0011-2.jpg

IMG_0012-6.jpg

IMG_0015-2.jpg

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
737mech, I'm glad you like it, sad that you can't keep it. That build turned out particularly nicely.

Incidentally, the ONLY reason your light didn't receive "M" designation (as in fully Project-M compliant) was that it's the first of its type, and as a matter of principle I won't designate a light as "M" compliant until I've had a certain amount of experience in building it, which allows for a healthy amount of observation of its runtime characteristics.

The truth is, on the efficiency front your light is every bit as efficient as an "M" designated light, particularly when running on a pair of rechargeables. At 1004 lumens with very flat regulation and almost no heat for continuous runtime of roughly 2h14m on a pair of the latest AW 18650 protected cells (2900mAh per cell), there's a lot to like about that particular drivetrain.

Latest posts