• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 4

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Thanks for the shipping notice call Scott, great conversation as always.

:twothumbs

This one is going to be very neat indeed!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the shipping notice call Scott, great conversation as always.

:twothumbs

This one is going to be very neat indeed!

Thanks Jon, nice chatting with you as well. :thumbsup:

As usual, working to get some very patient folks' lights out the door. A little eye candy for this Sunday evening...

[size=+1]KL3rev1 'Sarge'[/size]

Note: The build itself is head only... the BigLeef body on which it's mounted is my own, used for testing.

img-sarge-kl3rev1-angled.jpg

The concept behind this build is to give Sgt. LED something in his favorite SureFire head (truth be told, it's probably my fave as well) while aiming for coverage of a broad range of outputs, in this case from a low around 0.23 lumen through a high in the 600-700 lumen ballpark, with a warm, incandescent-like tint and a smooth, clean beam.

img-sarge-kl3rev1-ultralow.jpg

The tint of this particular Cree MC-E is unspecified by the manufacturer but guaranteed to fall somewhere in the 6A, 6B, 6C, or 6D bins with a color temp around 3500K, give or take a little. While it's technically not any higher CRI than the cooler white parts, it does deliver a pleasing beam. Here's a closeup photo using the Sarge as the primary source of illumination on one of my children's special friends...

img-sarge-kl3rev1-turtwig.jpg

[size=+1]Snow Ghost (for Jaybiz32) Preview[/size]

The build in this highly customized Mag host delivers roughly 1240 lumens with excellent beam quality and near-perfect regulation throughout the entire run... but that's not the most special part of the build! The host itself is coated with glow in the dark paint... it's darned cool! As shown by this photo taken in complete darkness, heh heh... :naughty:

img-snowghost-gitd.jpg

abuhannibal

Newly Enlightened
Two of my lights with Milky heads - the one on the left is a Roomsweeper P60 MC-E module on a Leef natural HA 2x18500 body with Surefire twisty tailcap and AW multilevel switch. The right is a KL3 "Heat Miser" head on a Leef black HA 2 x18500 body with SW02 tailcap.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Milky last week when I picked up the Heat Miser head...it was good to meet the Artist himself! :)

-- Bob

Last edited:

abuhannibal

Newly Enlightened
Well, shoot. The forum software sez I can't post attachments and the "insert image" button doesn't seem to be allowing me to successfully link to another site. I will keep trying!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries, Bob, I've got your photo posted...

(Note: The knife in the photo is an Aquatec T-Rex full titanium dive knife from Germany, if anyone was wondering.)

Two of my lights with Milky heads - the one on the left is a Roomsweeper P60 MC-E module on a Leef natural HA 2x18500 body with Surefire twisty tailcap and AW multilevel switch. The right is a KL3 "Heat Miser" head on a Leef black HA 2 x18500 body with SW02 tailcap.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Milky last week when I picked up the Heat Miser head...it was good to meet the Artist himself! :)

-- Bob

img-abuhannibal-milky-lights.jpg

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
SARGE has landed! :D That WAS really quick shipping.

0.23 lumens is a wonderful thing, in daylight you can't tell it's on unless you look into the reflector and runtime should be months! Tint is a pleasant warm. Beam profile is really floody, there's a hot spot but it's big, more like a hot zone. Fits on the C3 like it belongs there. It's 4 levels are spaced well and high is damn bright. Heatsinking to all those fins is fantastic and it does it quickly. It is very clean work, looks like it could be stock.
:thumbsup: I am a very happy camper and I've not even had it in the dark yet!

Horse

Newly Enlightened
Scott will be mailing mine tonight!

A little different than the normal here - but very well designed for it's intended purposes. :devil:

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
The good news is, I have a small batch of custom-fabricated brass heatsinks ready to build into some M3 mods if folks are interested. I'm also looking for a couple more M3 heads so I can build myself a couple of these... it's a darned nice build, if I might be so bold as to say so! IMHO it's a nice light for walking through the woods, checking on a strange noise in the backyard, and any number of other tasks. :thumbsup:

You've got mail :popcorn:

Horse

Newly Enlightened
Scott,
6PRED Received and in great working order! lovecpf

(Sorry for the crappy pics)
Milky%201%20Small.jpg

Milky%202%20Small.jpg

Milky%203%20Small.jpg

The LED overwhelemd the Canon Elph I was using for the pics - hence the weird coloring. Host is a standard Surefire 6P with my Milky modded, and what he used I don't remember- but it is REALLY bright.

Last edited:

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hello Milky!

As you have many many lights....

Would you be willing to sell me a M3 / KL2 Ti-Bezel?????

Please let me know, i am looking for one for sooo long. :tinfoil:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My latest Milky light arrived very recently.

That brings my collection of Milky lights up to a staggering two, in total.... Both received this month. :grin2:

My very own Milky Room Sweeper.

Host is an older Surefire E2E in Satin Gunmetal, with a tear-drop bezel; bored out for a 17670 cell.

Minor jaw marks on the head, but Scott mentioned those. He was upfront about it. The tear-drop SF bezels are a bit difficult to work with. No worries. I wanted the light anyway. The jaw marks actually appeal to me. They give the light character, and they look like tear drops within the larger tear drops.

Pic belongs to Scott, and he was kind enough to let me post it here. (Thanks Scott).

So, am I happy with it? Take one guess. . . :party:
milkyrs.jpg

Last edited:

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti 27mm Pineapple 2x123 Host: CreeMCE-MWG McR27cut UCL Acorn 1.3 ('Califon' Firmware), IR-Oven-Reflow Star Layered on Tellurium Copper Disc on Nickel-Plated-Brass Custom eCan with Delrin-and-Copper Positive Contact, Modest Diffusion Film (Removable with Fingernail) on Outside of Lens to Smooth Hotspot Somewhat, Estimated Max Output 727 Lumens, Estimated Min Output 0.23 Lumen, Runs on 2x Rechargeable or 3x Primaries (2x AW IMR16340 Recommended).

DSCN1086.jpg

DSCN1087.jpg

MirageMan Ti A3 2x123 Host: 4x LuxK2-TFFC-UWOE McR16ms Acorn 1.3 ('Califon' Firmware), Snug-Fit Aluminum Heatsink, Brass Can with Delrin-and-Copper Positive Contact, Estimated Max Output 704 Lumens, Estimated Min Output 0.23 Lumen, Runs on 2x Rechargeable or 3x Primaries.

DSCN1080.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hello Scott!

How about building me the following Lego:

*M3 Heaad with Titanium-Bezel and Ledil-Optic and Cree MC-E with several brightness levels
*C to M Leafbody with 18650
*and Clicky Tailcap (no RPM, SW01 or SW01) just a normal clicky...

Could you build that for me?
What is the price about?

Please let me know asap.

Kindest Regards
Toby