Milkyspit's MC2 Thread (also Milky Tester)

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Milkyspit\'s MC2 Thread (also Milky Tester)

pimpmylite, you're on! 1 MC2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

naromtap

Enlightened

I've stuck my name down about a year ago I think for, 1 maybe 2 candles...can't remember, but either way still interested in a couple.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened

I think I signed up before.....not sure.

What ever the case I am in for one.

Aloha

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Naromtap, you are correct sir! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif First signed up last May, so not quite a year ago. Yikes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif Anyway, got ya down for two.

Braddah, actually I couldn't find you in my spreadsheet... but not to worry, I put you down for one MC2. Just by coincidence, yours is exactly the 150th MC2 on the wait list! Kinda feels like you should win a prize or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

To All, naromtap made me realize just how long this little project has been simmering on the back burner! Dodging the issue of what's been up in my life in the meantime (that is, my non-flashaholic life!), I'll just make the observation for now that this is exactly why I don't like to take prepayments for efforts such as this. To me, once I've taken the money, I'm on the clock... and that stresses me out too much with a project as big as this! I will take prepayments when we're very close on this, so you can pay, wait a reasonable period of time, and reasonably expect delivery. Also, when the time comes, I'll probably adopt the "darkzero" fulfillment method, in which the wait list gets partitioned into smaller groups, to make the work more manageable. (For newer CPFers who don't know, darkzero was/is a longstanding CPF member I count as one of my best online friends... a while back he took on a project to offer sputtered Mag reflectors, which made for a smoother beam, and had so much demand that he very rationally divided the requests into groups of 20 or so at a time, then delivered each group of 20 at once. IMHO that was a great idea, especially for a single person hobbyist effort! So Will, if you end up reading this... thanks for the inspiration!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the update, Scott! All good things are worth waiting for!

pimpmylite

Newly Enlightened

thanks
do you mind advising me on the payment method btw when it gets to my turn?
i have zero experience in online purchasing
i'd really appreciate any pointer if it's not too troublesome
thanks again

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pimpmylite, when the time comes you'll be able to pay through Paypal, or using good old-fashioned money orders... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif heck, probably even a personal check, though I'd need to wait for the funds to clear. Choose whichever way makes you most comfortable. But no payments due yet!

J_Oei

Enlightened

Just chekcing to see if I'm on the list...

(should be marked PAID also!)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

J_Oei! It's been a while. Nice self portrait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Oh, ummmmmm, yes, as far as the MC2, it's not marked paid, but you DO have a credit of $42 from that modding payment you had made, which I guess is pretty much the same thing. You're covered!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

Am I still on the list, Milky? I think I requested either 2 or 3 of the MC2s, and I still want 'em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened

I'm on the list under TwoGun. Can you put me down for 3 MC2s and 1 MT. Thanks! Oh, and please change TwoGun to Turd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know if i am on the list, but i would like to be down for one MC2.

Thanks!

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast

And I should be on the list from...umm....years ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

DSpeck, got ya down for 2 or 3 (I put 3 in my spreadsheet). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Turd, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif name change completed, and order upgraded to 3 MC2 plus 1 MT. You had previously been down for only 1 MC2, but no worries! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neg, you were indeed already on the list for 1 MC2, so thanks! You're all set for now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Minjin, not only are you listed, you've even got a partial credit coming! Thanks again for the rechargeables.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Ryan (rscanady), 1 MC2 and 1 MT... done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sniper

Enlightened

I'm interested, based on final price, and utility.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sniper, I'm not sure what to make of that... for now I'll add you to the list for one MC2, if that's okay with you. It's a non-binding list (although I do hope folks are joining with good intentions at least) so you would be able to back out if you eventually decide the MC2 is worthless, or that the asking price amounts to highway robbery! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Of course, I hope that's not the case, you end up buying one, and are delighted with the results. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sniper

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
milkyspit said:
Sniper, I'm not sure what to make of that... for now I'll add you to the list for one MC2, if that's okay with you. It's a non-binding list (although I do hope folks are joining with good intentions at least) so you would be able to back out if you eventually decide the MC2 is worthless, or that the asking price amounts to highway robbery! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Of course, I hope that's not the case, you end up buying one, and are delighted with the results. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Milky;
That's 'zactly what I had in mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have been holding off buying one of the high-zoot lights, due to poor (IMHO) run time on very expensive batteries, and a high cost of ownership.

That's why I just make do with my 3D mag mod, MJLEDS in my mini mags, a UK 4AA eLED, and a Streamlight 3C Twin Task, but I would like a good EDC light. The XM-3,which seemed close to what I had in mind is alas, gone the way of free lunch and the Dodo Bird.

Some lights cost so much, I would be reluctant to use, let alone carry one.

Your description is intriguing, and the prototype is obviously in flux. Maybe call it the Shape Shifter for the time being? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Is that PVC? Anyway, when the performance, size and price are more certain, be sure it will be strongly considered.

There are mechanical and electronic marvels out there, both manufactured in somebody's garage and by large corporations, but some do lack elegance.

I will never be able to afford one, but I have a secret lech for that Spanish creation--the Bonobo light--no, that's not right! A Bonobo is an APE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Just imagine, a light for knuckle draggers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif Baaaaddd .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, keep us all posted.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sniper, I'm not so sure the MC2 is going to serve as an EDC for you... it's designed as an ultra long-running regulated, multiple brightness electronic candle, capable of running happily on badly depleted cells, and of course on fresh ones.

That said, maybe I can help with an EDC light for you. PM me if interested, and maybe you can tell me what you envision as well as how much you've got budgeted. Just wanted to offer the assistance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.