Mini-HID's

metalhed

Enlightened
Received mine the other day, but I've been too busy to post.

Thanks Mac...great work!!!

Nice workmanship and yes, these are bright little suckers.

Haven't had a chance to run more than a set of batteries through it, or really get out in the open with it. But when I do I'll try to do some beamshots and post them to the appropriate forum.

Thanks again, Mac...

Now if I can just stop blinding our cats with the danged thing. :laughing:

desmondpun

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mac, received mine today. Top quality, I think I can get rid of my DragonII and Warrior now. Thank you very much.

bonhomme

Newly Enlightened
Hallo, 3days ago i have send a order and question to the private mail of "cmacclel", don't know if that is the right way to order, or do i have to order it from this forum title?
Please send me some info for 1pcs Blue MiniHID (on 4 x 123Acells) + UCL, and if it is possible 20pcs of 123A cells (here in belgium not cheap).

Thanks Marc
Username: bonhomme
email: [email protected]

rikvee

Enlightened
Mr cmacclel may well be a bit busy with his version of the Roar of the Pelican,
another great light manufactured simultaneous to this one.

You can find the original Mini-HID threads here: 1st run, 2nd run, 3rd run, most of the info on the Mac Mini-HID is in these actual sign-up/sales threads.

For batteries and a whole lot more, Lighthound.com is an excellent source for people
outside the US, he is happy to go with the lowest shipping and has the best range
of flashlight-related merchandise I know of. :thumbsup:

This an amazing light, it's small and good-looking, can run of rechargeables
and throws a hell of a lot further than my Surefire M3T!

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
bonhomme said:
Hallo, 3days ago i have send a order and question to the private mail of "cmacclel", don't know if that is the right way to order, or do i have to order it from this forum title?
Please send me some info for 1pcs Blue MiniHID (on 4 x 123Acells) + UCL, and if it is possible 20pcs of 123A cells (here in belgium not cheap).

Thanks Marc
Username: bonhomme
email: [email protected]

bonhomme sorry but I had a PM oops a couple days ago and deleted a bunch of PM's. Instead of clicking one I wanted to delete I clicked the whole day! Anyway I'll sent you a PM shortly for arrangements.

Mac

catch228

Newly Enlightened
Mac,

This may be a stupid question, but can I use two 18650 2200mAh rechargeable batteries with the Mini-HID instead of 3rcr123 and a dummy cell?

Thanks,
catch228

Sorry, nevermind. I didn't notice the voltage till after I posted...

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Litbobber said:
Hi Mac
Any word on the battery holders you are waiting for?
Thanks

Brett

There on the way! I'll have your light completed this week. Sorry for the delay on the holders.

Mac

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
bonhomme said:
Any news for the "blue miniHID (4x123cell)+UCL (+20 123Acells)"

Thanks Marc

I have a bunch of projects going on right now and will be in touch soon after I have completed a few things I need to get done. I will have a few HAIII Mini-HID available soon.

Mac

evtide

Newly Enlightened
Mac:

Is this buy still open? I'd like to do a pewter with UCL, and can paypal you anytime. Not sure of all the battery jargon, so any advice would be appreciated. I'm on the North Shore, too.

Thanks,

Mike

evtide

Newly Enlightened
Mac, I wanted to publicly thank you for a couple of things. First, for putting out a great product in the Mini-HID. The finned unit I got on Friday is not only a wonderful performer, but a good looking piece of craftsmanship as well. Second, for putting me in touch with a guy (Tom) only two towns over from me who was selling his almost new Mini-HID. This got me a great light and saved me a couple of bucks which will no doubt go towards the LED cousin of the Mini-HID, another impressive light.

Aside from getting a quality instrument here, the whole transaction is a credit to you and the CPF community.

Thanks again,

Mike

JohnLev

Newly Enlightened
Hello . Your lights and feedback sound awesome !
Please advise the all up cost for one of your torches - the middle silver/pewter colour and finned , 5th from the left in the photo on page 1 of this thread - sent to New Zealand . Payment by Paypal ....USD$100.00 deposit and the balance when available . Please also guess timing .
Thanks and Regards !

Jurphaas

Newly Enlightened
Alright Mac - here we go! I would like to order a blue Mini HID light (240.00) with the Grove Head (25.00) and the UCL (7.00).
I will make a PP payment (280.16) now and would like you to send the light to:
Ms. Patricia L. Thaxton
5350 SE Jack Avenue
Stuart,FL 34997
U.S.A.

This light is way too tempting! Please inform when shipped.
Best regards, Jurphaas.

JohnLev

Newly Enlightened
Hello Mac
Thanks for all the information .
I have paid you in full via PayPal for :
(i) one 'modded' Mini Mag HID - pewter colour @ USD$240.00
(ii) with the fully polished and grooved body as shown as the fifth from the left on your photo on page 1 of this thread @ USD$50.00
(iii) UCL lens @ USD$7.00
(iv) via Global Priority Mail @ USD$15.00
SUBTOTAL = USD$312.00
(v) plus 4% PayPal surcharge @ USD$12.48
TOTAL = USD$324.48 .
I look forward to your advice as to when it will be ready for shipping .
Regards