mini-mag tailswitch from Nite-Ize

AlexSchira

Enlightened
Is the button depressed enough that it can stand on end? That's the only problem besides non-waterproofing that I had with the old version.

cy

Flashaholic
sure like to get ahold of one these.

could fit Arc LS

CLHC

Flashaholic
Don't know about that one. . .Still prefer the Kroll Clickie since I can use it for the "strobe" effect. Kroll is the way to roll. . .

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
Another item to add to never ending must buy list. Thanks for the heads up.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me get this straight. the first pic is the new SW coming in 2-02 correct?
the pic several post's down was a proto? I just can't see nite ize making it bigger, but stranger thing's have happened..... VDG

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened
voodoogreg said:
Let me get this straight. the first pic is the new SW coming in 2-02 correct?
the pic several post's down was a proto? I just can't see nite ize making it bigger, but stranger thing's have happened..... VDG

Yes, The smaller pic is the current version. The honkin' long tri-color LED - bells and whistles was the 2004 prototype.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
dehnehsu said:
Yes, The smaller pic is the current version. The honkin' long tri-color LED - bells and whistles was the 2004 prototype.

Solid. I want one even though the only MM i have/use is a terralux ministar2 lux module.. A backup to backup to a backup.
it's in my mini bugout bag(man purse with atitude) it has a pocket just for a mag mini AA but it's tight nothing else fit's like a E1e or others. VDG

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
I got an email from nite ize finally. I asked price, nearest dealer to my zip and speed of flashers. All I really got back was that it would cost $8.99. They didnt' know the hz of the flashers and said to buy it off the internet. Still looks like a mighty interesting unit, though.

(sorry to bring up an oldish thread, but oh well...)

mykall

Enlightened
Am I missing something or does the packaged picture of the
actual product pictured above look about 3 times as long as the
Nite-ize advertisement for this thing???

What gives?

MB

danielo_d

Enlightened
Well, WalMart has the Nite-Ize 3-LED Upgrade to the MiniMag. [I bought one.] It would be nice [and I can dream can't I?] if they would also carry this item.
I'd definitely get one.
Danno

mykall

Enlightened
The only reason I mentioned that is because
Lowes seems to have quite a few Nite-ize
items hanging on their shelves....at least in
my area.

MB

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Would someone please post a mini review of this switch? Good to have something from a person who has some of the Sandwich Shoppe led upgrades, such as the MM, and MM_, as well as a BadBoy, or Nexgen.

Bill

Mattman

Enlightened
It's nice to see them finally getting this out on the market. It'll have been nearly 2 years (3/19/04) since I first emailed niteize about this item, so hopefully they've put the re-design time to good use. I'm glad it got smaller than the original, since that would have turned a minimag into a not-so-mini-mag. Back then they said that the 15 minute auto-off couldn't be disabled, so I'm sure it's still that way.