• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CR123/18350(?) bodies are understandably desirable but the Moddoolar 14500 slim body is a Lot of Fun with the Wasp Head. One needs to accept what current a 14500 battery can sustain but this has to be one of the hottest 'AA' sized battery flashlights in existence. The slim body is very handilicious (with a 'cigar' hold or in-hand) yet knurly in a diamondback kind of way; with a diamondback delrin or clicky Triad tailcap!

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CR123/18350(?) bodies are understandably desirable but the Moddoolar 14500 slim body is a Lot of Fun with the Wasp Head. One needs to accept what current a 14500 battery can sustain but this has to be one of the hottest 'AA' sized battery flashlights in existence. The slim body is very handilicious (with a 'cigar' hold or in-hand) yet knurly in a diamondback kind of way; with a diamondback delrin or clicky Triad tailcap!

Can you post a photo?. Sounds interesting.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Are we talking about the current AW IMR 14500 and 18350's? :confused:

The new 800mAh 18350 has a fairly substantial capacity & discharge lead on the 14500, if I'm not mistaken... :devil:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Yeah, tried to qualify my statement with "a few years back" but its not clear that few years applies to both cells. You are not mistaken!

Great video!!

Last edited:

Trip Miller

Enlightened
So I cannot seem to quickly tell from the website but I assume that the 14500 Slim tube is not meant to run with the zero res shorty? So does the 15 mm spacer work to bridge the gap and will it fit with this setup?

I need a TL50 S with the 14500 sleeve and 15mm spacer and a zero res shorty standard tailcap....in NA...when will the tubes be in stock?

boafish

Newly Enlightened
Just purchased my first wasp setup. It's setup as a pocket clicky currently. I want to buy the shorty tube but am debating on purchasing the brass zrs shorty tube and converting the clicky tail cap to zrs, or just leaving the clicky and purchasing the normal shorty tube. Suggestions?
58de47ce39ec2253cecf214a94fe62dc.jpg

seasam

Newly Enlightened
Just purchased my first wasp setup. It's setup as a pocket clicky currently. I want to buy the shorty tube but am debating on purchasing the brass zrs shorty tube and converting the clicky tail cap to zrs, or just leaving the clicky and purchasing the normal shorty tube. Suggestions?

I have that setup with the zrs shorty, and personally I only like using the zrs shorty with a triad head as it allows easy one hand turn on. otherwise I prefer the clicky setup.

also, with the zrs I have some trouble with unprotected flat top 18650's being long enough to work with the p60 modules I have. right now I have this zrs setup in a 2x18350 and that works for me.

boafish

Newly Enlightened
So 2x18350's are safe to run in the r33 wasp v5 head? Just want to be sure

boafish

Newly Enlightened
Got it, I overlooked the max voltage rating in the specs section on the oveready site.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is awesome. So how do you save the program to your engine?

The program file is displayed on the screen as as a video. It can also be saved. The light is put into programming mode, and it "reads" the program from the screen.

There's a ot of good info in this thread, so sit back, relax, and read.

boafish

Newly Enlightened
The program file is displayed on the screen as as a video. It can also be saved. The light is put into programming mode, and it "reads" the program from the screen.

There's a ot of good info in this thread, so sit back, relax, and read.

I've been playing catch up quite frantically and I'm usually telling others to sit back and read, so thanks for the patience with my newb questions.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been playing catch up quite frantically and I'm usually telling others to sit back and read, so thanks for the patience with my newb questions.

It was easier when the Wasps first came out and there were only a few pages to read through. There are now 39.

The programming page allows you to save multiple programs, so you don't need to go through the steps to select the different output levels for each battery count each time. After it's been created and saved, you can just click the load button, select the desired program, and transfer it to the light.

The easier way is to save the programs as videos to your laptop, online file storage solution, or phone for immediate transfer.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grizz is right, sit back and read it all if you are serious about getting one. That is what I ended up doing. At first I skimmed through, then when I ordered the light, I took the time to read them all. I also come back regularly. There is a wealth of knowledge here, plus some highly experienced users. The WASP could be considered a complicated light by some folks. But once you give it a through reading, it all comes to light.