Monster Flashlight (Brand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallguy4u2luv

Newly Enlightened
Hey all! Just to put my two cents in.... I recently purchased the t-6 1000-3 from Monster Flashlight. After surfing around the web I found the web site and decided to take a shot and see if this is a light for me. Within 10 hours or ordering I recieved an email with a tracking number to track my package. I recieved the flashlight within 3 days of my order. At first look the construction seemed very good...with a quality feel. I charged my batteries for a little over 24 hours. I ordered a two battery charger so that I always have a fresh one for a standby. I personally do not know how to judge the lumens on a light however, this is the brightest flashlight I have ever purchased! I recently brought it out to dinner with some friends...when my buddy turned in the light and flashed it across the bar...everyone saw the light and immediately wanted to know where I bought it. My friend demanded that his wife buy him one for his birthday. I do think the strobe feature disorients the person on the other end because you cannot look at such a powerful light dead on for more than a second. I love the flashlight and will contact Monster when I'm ready to purchase another light...much to the chagrin of my wife...who hates it when I fire up the light in the house!

DM51

Flashaholic
Interesting how many first-time posters seem to have chosen this thread for their first posts... :whistle:

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Interesting how many first-time posters seem to have chosen this thread for their first posts... :whistle:

Hmmmmm -rebranding and overpriced to boot...

I wouldn't stray to far from this thread DM - I am pretty sure we will require your "services" sooner than later on this one...

Jay611j

Enlightened
Looks like someones trying real hard to put a plug in for their own company.:tsk: I agree with My#1hobby, there are much better lights out there guys. Now that you are on CPF you will see a whole new world of lights here! If you want a bright light, pay attention to lumens that are ANSI rated OTF (out the front lumens) NOT emitter rated lumens. I had a look at these "Monster lights" on their website and they are rated as emitter lumens so they are not ANSI rated lights.:shakehead The lumens are over exaggerated.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Hi one and all, this is my 1st post. I found this site by chance, searching for led flash light info. I just want to add, that I have a Monster Flash Light, R5-320-1. I have had this flash light for almost 9 months. I use it every day and night. This is a great light to crawl around in my dark basement's crawl space. No matter how long I have the flash light on, it never gets hot! The weight feels fine, right size for my hand, plenty of light. I use this when I walk my dogs on our dark country roads, oncoming cars always see me and my dogs. I can not say how many times I have dropped this light, even kicked it by accident. I have read that a on/off switch will fail and a momentary switch is better. But this on/off switch has never failed. I can not say anything about it being water proof, other than when I am walking in the rain or snow, no problems found. I have had 2 different chinese made tactical lights that have not lasted more than 3 months. I use my light, but I do not go out of my way to abuse it. For the price, I can not find any other light that comes close. And they are "Made in the USA", what more can I ask for? I am no flash light expert, but this light does everything I want from it and I will buy another Monster Flash Light soon.
Sorry to burst your bubble friend, but I highly doubt these lights are Made in the USA.

scotty48

Newly Enlightened
I see a lot of critcism about the Monster Brand light......I bought one 6-8 months ago. I am a private security officer, so I use this light (R5-320-5) Every day. I'm no flashlight technician , but at 63 yrs. old -I've owned a lot of them ! I've never had a light as bright as this one -or as durable. I have a shooting range on my property with a target at 200 yards & I can see the target at night with this light. I have not had even ONE malfunction with it ! If & when I do break it, or wear it out , I will defintely buy another one ! It's very well built , comfortable , and has survived remarkably well , with my continuous use and abuse. I don't understand why anyone would be dissatisfied with one of these flashlights........Nothing but Thumbs Up from me !.......B. Scott

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
And they are "Made in the USA", what more can I ask for?
Hmmm..... I saw no mention of where the lights were manufactured on the Monster website. I seems that the lights are shipped from a distributor in NJ, but that's about it for the USA connection as far as I can tell.

CharmedQuark, do you have some other information to back up your remark? We tend to take claims of "Made in the USA" rather seriously here, not that other countries aren't producing some mighty fine lights (my current EDC was manufactured in China), but this thread is already suspicious enough without spurious and unsubstantiated claims being bandied about.

Gavin S.

Newly Enlightened
The obvious shillyness of this thread is not helping the case for monsterlight, to say the least. Hopefully people who Google the lights will stumble upon this thread and be introduced to the world of quality flashlights. As a matter of fact, let's just put a link to the place where they can find a better choice. :whistle:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?45-LED-Flashlights

Last edited:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were Monster Flashlight I certainly wouldn't want to post too much on an enthusiast site. It would actually make more sense to post on forums dedicated to hobbies that use flashlights incidentally. Things like casual camping sites, hipster night biking sites (they exist), airsoft gun sites. It actually makes more sense to target a less educated community. Heck big businesses usually got where they are by not targeting the experts but the ignorant. Just my advice.

Jim in Florida

Newly Enlightened
[h=1]People in the above noted posts kept asking about actual users of Monster Falshlights, so here is my experience.
[/h]I work for a large consolidated sheriff/police department in Florida with 16 ½ years of service. I currently work nights by choice. I say all this, to say, that I really do rely on a good flashlight(s) for work. I go to work at dusk, and return home at dawn. I use my lights all night long, and depending on what type of call (major interstate crash/man-hunts/missing persons/traffic stops) I use the lights for minutes or for hours, all night long.

I have used many major brand and types of flashlights. What drew me over to Monster were several things. The most important thing is, the newest in LED technology. Many companies are/were very slow to get moving with the rapid pace of LED technology. The other reasons are as listed below:
  1. Uses lithium ion rechargeable's. I did not want anymore Nicads, or MetalHy's that get battery memory and do not run full power up to failure. Most lights only use CR123's which for me could mean spending $4.00+- a night minimal on batteries (in fact I put away a brand new Streamlight Stinger HP beacuse it is only offered with a Nicad)
  2. Monsters light allow for the lithium '18650', where many other top brand will not fit them, thus can only $$Cr123's or bigger Nicad's (Streamlight Stinger).
  3. You can buy the type of light you want (modes/lumens/length etc)
  4. Price and quality are great (I know some of you have huge obsessions with big names, and yes they are good, just not affordable).
  5. Customer service and product updates are exceptional.
I currently own & use six Monsters and have bought two others to give as gifts.
I use the T6-1000-3 on my duty belt. The 'Sting Ray' as my in hand at scene light. The R5-320-1 as a rifle light, another R5-320 -1 in the trunk, the rest at home.
Yes, yes, I know, 'what about the other great brands,' folks, we could go on for hours, it is like guns, so, so many, and they are all good in their varying ways, and so, so many price variables.
I have other officers using Monster now that they have seen the performance and price.

pagerror.gif

aimxplode

Enlightened
I think this thread needs to be locked. There has been way to many 1st time posters, presumably made by the MonsterLight owner, giving somewhat suspicious reviews.

Norm

Retired Administrator
scaled.php

This thread is so full of Shill posts from brand new users it leaves me only one course of action. - Norm

CLOSED

Last edited:

crazyman13287

Newly Enlightened
MONSTER FLASHLIGHTS AND BATTERIES

Hi, I am new

Has anyone used or purchased lights or batteries from these guys?

I have been looking around and I have not seen any threads on these lights or batteries and I was just curious about their quality and what not

I also just recently purchased the Monster flashlight T6-1000-3 mode comes with the cree XML T6 LED
here is the link http://shop.monsterflashlight.com/M...-LED-Tactical-Flashlight-3-Mode-T6-1000-3.htm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail, should be here tomorrow

I upgraded to a smooth reflector and I got 2 standard 18650 2200mAh batteries

This brings me to my next topic, I want to use 4 18650 2600mAh batteries they have for sale in a custom HID light I am working on, 55w 5000k H1, I just wanted to hear some feedback before I continue with these guys and their batteries.

kipman

Newly Enlightened
Re: MONSTER FLASHLIGHTS AND BATTERIES

My third Monster light is on the way, good, solid middle of the road light. My first has held up very well, 1.5 years of everyday use, some finish gone, but works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.