Police Security brand

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few years back I got a set of two UV inspection lights, 365nm and 395nm. Both had to be returned, as one in each set failed. I can't comment on their other products, I believe I have a small 1AA light of that brand and it was OK.

Dave

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone found one of these outside walking when I was in the halfway house or they shop lifted it. He acted like it was a light the police use. Hardly, when cops buy cheap Chinese lights for work they usually say Streamlight on them and come at a high price point.

These are a waste of money and it would be better to spend a bit more and get a better light.

You would think in 2024 we would be seeing better quality lights for sale in shops and not just an assortment of junk.

If you go to Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, any pharmacy, or grocery store the brands are all low quality Chinese lights. It is a miracle to see a MagLite nowadays.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local police all carry Surefires. A sprinkling of Streamlights as well. These are not found at the check out line at any big box stores.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local police all carry Surefires. A sprinkling of Streamlights as well. These are not found at the check out line at any big box stores.
Well,

Attachments

• EA1978E1-0111-4D68-BDA1-3E9F8EC2611F.jpeg
    EA1978E1-0111-4D68-BDA1-3E9F8EC2611F.jpeg
    959.8 KB · Views: 30

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, Streamlight's Protac line is a good one. The best over-the-counter lights any Big Box store shopper is going to encounter.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also a COAST fan. The value factor is through the roof. That being said my local police are issued Surefire's. They are Fury's I believe. A more serious question is what on earth light do firefighters use? Where I live all agencies have endless money for whatever they feel is best.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
What firefighter light did they use in 1998 or so? I was given one for my bithday or something. It was disposable.
Well, Streamlight has been making the Survivor forever, but that's a real high-end flashlight. Firefighters used to tape a couple Garrity Lifelites to their helmets. Probably what you're thinking of. Everyone had one of these things in the '80s and 90s, supermarkets sold them.

1000000347.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The Garrity lights fell out of favor with fire-fighters when the model was switched to LED. Apparently the LED model can't punch through smoke nearly as well as the old inca. ones did.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep that is it. When it went dead I cut it open and found a proprietary battery or battery pack wrapped in brown paper or cardboard. I wonder if it is one of those European boxy light batteries in hindsight?