More new 2015 Eagletac models with the dual button UI and built in diffuser!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Maybe an objects 100 meters away would reveal it...or even 50 m.

markr6

Flashaholic
I heard something about a 4 x XPL-HI light from Eagletac in the future. :popcorn: I'm interested!!

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
How are you supposed to tell the white button from the black button in the dark?

I'm interested in how it behaves wrt flood. What does 6 watts mean in Lumens for the circumferencial illumination?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
BTW something screwed up w/ that site. The initial big image, after a couple seconds blinks to the second image, but cannot change the image via either the dots or the side arrows.

markr6

Flashaholic
How are you supposed to tell the white button from the black button in the dark?

I'm not a huge fan of the two buttons since there is no memory. 4 clicks everytime for the second-highest mode. I prefer the old twist head, but I know a lot of people didn't like that.

In the dark, the white is always on the left (left, first, low, however you want to remember it). It is also raised substantially more than the black button on my MX30L4XC. But I don't think that's the case on every model.

BTW something screwed up w/ that site. The initial big image, after a couple seconds blinks to the second image, but cannot change the image via either the dots or the side arrows.

I think it's just a template or something they used from other pages with 5 images. The pages with only 2-3 images still have the dots, just nothing to show. You're not "missing" anything. I was wondering the same thing for awhile.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emailed Eagletac last night asking if they would be releasing a dual button version of the SX25L3. They confirmed they would be releasing the SX30L3 soon with either an XHP50 or XHP70. Really hope it's an XHP70.

Chaitanya

Banned
Emailed Eagletac last night asking if they would be releasing a dual button version of the SX25L3. They confirmed they would be releasing the SX30L3 soon with either an XHP50 or XHP70. Really hope it's an XHP70.
That SX30L3 was leaked when Eagletac announced their MX30L3 light. It is present in user manual for that light. Also I wouldn't get my hopes high as like other dual button lights from Eagletac this light wont have mode memory.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
That SX30L3 was leaked when Eagletac announced their MX30L3 light. It is present in user manual for that light. Also I wouldn't get my hopes high as like other dual button lights from Eagletac this light wont have mode memory.
Thanks for sharing! Had not heard it had been leaked. I'm ok without mode memory as I mainly use lower modes anyway, plus with being able to start at the top or bottom of the UI it doesn't bother me much.

Verndog

Enlightened
Re: More new Eagletacs with the new dual button UI and the built in diffuser!

The DX30LC2 looks good, but having to hold down both the side button and rear switch to enter moonlight mode sounds strange and awkward.

Exactly! EagleTac and their interface is losing me fast. Hold the side button, stick your tongue out, stand on one leg, and then press the rear switch to enter the mode that most lights start on...low. Ridiculous.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: More new Eagletacs with the new dual button UI and the built in diffuser!

Exactly! EagleTac and their interface is losing me fast. Hold the side button, stick your tongue out, stand on one leg, and then press the rear switch to enter the mode that most lights start on...low. Ridiculous.
This UI I don't agree with and it's turned me off the DX30LC2R. I wish it was either like the rest of the two button UI lights where the black switch always started the light in turbo and the white switch always started in low, or you could set it so the black switch either started in high or low.

The UI of the MX30L3C sounds great to me.