Most Powerful Quality Budget Light

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Is the Sky King the most powerful budget light? Does it compare well to the Nitecore TM 15? New to the searching of the budget lights world, it is a fascinating adventure! thanks.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skyray King is good bang for your buck and 2000 lumens. It's one of the best budget triple XML lights out there. I'm not sure how it fares against the newer Nitecore

adubbz

Newly Enlightened
One of the 'most powerful' for sure. I just hate the UI of that light. Enough that it's sort of halted me from clicking purchase.

MattSPL

Enlightened
The Shadow SL3 is a triple XM-L, 1600 lumens, and runs on a single 18650 or 26650. It costs $80 and is very well made.
Its not the brightest(although still very bright), but it is nice and compact.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are two good ones:
Defiant 3C 550 lumen Cree XM-L light from Home Depot was $20 (might be harder to get now though).
Coast HP550 9 AA 1000 lumen Cree XM-L light from Costco for $49.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I'm gonna give it a try, through Amazon, and can report on it when it arrives (likely weeks to the US).

I love the TK 75 and don't mind having another outdoor powerful light. We are rural and it also is nice to have a very strong light for outdoor winter nights on the ice rink. Held up high, it lights up an entire 60' by 40' rink, as if it were day time.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just see in DX two models, one with three xm-l and another with 5 xm-l I dont know if their are most brightnest in the market, but they are cheap

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
IMO the Darth 3x XM-L 3x18650 neutral with a control ring is nice.
Output isn't as high as the King but it's still quite high and the UI is way better and it's smaller.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO the Darth 3x XM-L 3x18650 neutral with a control ring is nice.
Output isn't as high as the King but it's still quite high and the UI is way better and it's smaller.

I think that it is a really nice model, another nice feature is that you can use one, two or three batteries and the batteries go directly in the body, that reduce resistence. I like it...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
AFAIK you cannot use only one or two batteries because the batteries are loose in the body and will fall over if you try to screw it together with only one or two.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
I have the King CW and the TM11 CW. The King is brighter and whiter in output than the TM11.

King has narrower spill but brighter hotspot, a little more throw.

TM11 has wider spill but hotspot is lesser, more on flood.

King really is a bang for your buck high lumen light.

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
+1 for SkyRay King. This is the brightest flashlight I own. I was worried I would be disappointed because it was so inexpensive. I was not.

harro

Enlightened
I'll do a review when it arrives, and compare it to the Fenix TK 75.

That would be interesting, to see comparative beamshots of the 'King and Fenix TK75, although, IMVHO, it might be a bit like a ' Hyundai to a Honda '.
I have a BK in NW, and its one of my favorite lights for walking or general purpose use. If i had to change anything, it'd probably be a slightly lower, low output, and a medium one, but for $50 odd AUD, who cares? It's a good light as it stands.
If i put it side to side with my TK70, the '70 beats it in all areas, EXCEPT ONE, and thats size. Its like a fizzy drink can compared to a 2 foot long lump of steam pipe filled with lead ( well...sort of :eek: ).
Having said that, the BK throws a smooth, wideish beam a good 75-100 yards, thats good for most general tasks.

Cheers from Downunder, where its 9.15AM 05/01/2013 and already 31 deg C ( about 90 deg F ), and heading for a top of 42 deg C ( about 112 deg F ).

Mike.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The 3XML DRY is a killer light for the $ too.

At PF19 (or 18, I forget...) we measured it at ~ 2400 L, it creamed the TM11 in a side by side for example. To get full brightness, you use IMR cells and solder the head's connections to shore things up, etc.

:D

Dplight21

Banned
Sky King is a powerful budget light, but Dp LED lighting also provides many powerful Lights at cheap price. You can visit the site and chose the best powerful light for you.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Sky King is a powerful budget light, but Dp LED lighting also provides many powerful Lights at cheap price. You can visit the site and chose the best powerful light for you.

I don't know what Dp LED lighting is...even after googling. I found a site that is wholesale (5,000 units) only. thanks

Matjazz

Newly Enlightened
Ultrafire UF-T90 might be worth checking out. Looks like Niteye Eye 40.