Most Powerful Quality Budget Light

jk037

Newly Enlightened
I can't find anywhere that actually sells the "Darth" light.

I want one. Purely because the name is the coolest that has ever been attached to a flashlight. :)

suprlite

Newly Enlightened
Skyray has a new light with 6 xm-l rated to 6000 lumens (!!!) with 4 x 18650`s. Costs about 100 usd. I am really considering buying one :)

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
It really depends on what price range you want to call "Budget" I have both this one and a Trustfire X6, ( which costs between $ 135 to 150 ) and has better throw than the Sky Ray King. ( but the X6 compares to my Olight SR90 which costs nearly 3 times as much.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I have a question about the Skyray King:

What have you found, in terms of time on "high" in your King? I know that I have gotten some lemons for batteries via ebay, China, including "protected" that were not but I wonder if others have found the "2 hours" listed for the Skyray King to be accurate. Thanks...

harro

Enlightened
I have a question about the Skyray King:

What have you found, in terms of time on "high" in your King? I know that I have gotten some lemons for batteries via ebay, China, including "protected" that were not but I wonder if others have found the "2 hours" listed for the Skyray King to be accurate. Thanks...

Not accurate SOR.
I use 4 x LRB168A ( 18650 ) Wolfeyes 2200mah flat tops ( although just proud of the plastic outer wrap ) in my NW version. From fresh out of the Pila, to the start of noticible dimming is a pretty honest 60 mins. From 60 to about 75 mins. the dropoff is really noticible, and i have'nt been game to push any more than that.
Mike.

Zeus33

Newly Enlightened
I don't know what Dp LED lighting is...even after googling. I found a site that is wholesale (5,000 units) only. thanks

It's a plug for the company he works for. Check his user name. If you click to visit his homepage, it goes to his site.

bigsteve

Newly Enlightened
The 3XML DRY is a killer light for the $ too.

At PF19 (or 18, I forget...) we measured it at ~ 2400 L, it creamed the TM11 in a side by side for example. To get full brightness, you use IMR cells and solder the head's connections to shore things up, etc.

:D

Ditto I have one 2

Paul_DW

Enlightened
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310637301740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Still trying to find out the actual output of the thing, but I've got one and only run with 18650's till the 28650's arrive, and so far...

Fenix PD32Ultimate...

and the eBay special - Ultrafire 13800 (lumens it reckons)

As I say this is with 18650's and the seller tells me I HAVE to use the 28650's to get MAXIMUM out of it!

They're in transit and can't wait to give them a try, but as is this thing is a beast from what I see.

I have heaps of other shots in anyone's interested?

dna89

Newly Enlightened
I think the 'Kung' has outdone the 'King'. Haven't checked the lumens yet... But the Kung I have is visibly brighter than the King. Paid like $38 for this one...
kung1n.jpg
668403422o.jpg

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
I think the 'Kung' has outdone the 'King'. Haven't checked the lumens yet... But the Kung I have is visibly brighter than the King. Paid like $38 for this one...
kung1n.jpg
668403422o.jpg

Agreed 1000 % i bought the new 4-XML SRK and it beats my other two 3-XML Kings very noticably in both Throw and Flood. and it cost me only 43 bucks, which makes it my new "best bang for the buck" by far.

wunderhe

Newly Enlightened
I love my Fandyfire Darth - it is a Little bit more expensive than the King, but it is smaller, has 3 modes and looks much better. In the U2-version it is nearly as bright as the King.

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
Someone said the newer SRKs are regulated. Can someone give me a direct link to those that are? I have checked online and haven't saw the actual words "regulated", so I am a bit confused on which ones are. If the new 4 XML versions are, that would be a definite buy.

hwfan

Newly Enlightened
Agreed 1000 % i bought the new 4-XML SRK and it beats my other two 3-XML Kings very noticably in both Throw and Flood. and it cost me only 43 bucks, which makes it my new "best bang for the buck" by far.

check out my post on the SRK with 4x *XM-L2*s, should theoretically be brighter than the XM-L variant? Haven't got a way to objectively test and it could depend on the bin, but mine is one stunningly bright flooder..