• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Must Read & Agree, Warranty, Lumen & Lux #s, DriverVN2, PDT, Insurance

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Vinhnguyen54 General Info Must Read

Post 1 updated.

1. I like lists. Send me a list of questions for everything. Simple and straight to the point. I will rely the same way.

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Vin. I have puchased several lights from you. I bought a modded Preon 2, 180 lumen pen light as a a gift but she doesn't like cycling through all of the modes. I am looking for a modded 180 lumen 4 7's Preon 2, one mode, just high> brightest setting only. Or similar light. I need a pen light, 2 x AA or similar. I would like to buy another light from you. Do you have any like this on hand or could you recommend a good bright, one mode pen light? - Thanks in advance. - lightknot

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hi Vin. I have puchased several lights from you. I bought a modded Preon 2, 180 lumen pen light as a a gift but she doesn't like cycling through all of the modes. I am looking for a modded 180 lumen 4 7's Preon 2, one mode, just high> brightest setting only. Or similar light. I need a pen light, 2 x AA or similar. I would like to buy another light from you. Do you have any like this on hand or could you recommend a good bright, one mode pen light? - Thanks in advance. - lightknot

Please send me this exact message to [email protected]

flyback

Newly Enlightened

Hey Vinh, you might want to put your send to address in this thread. Something like, "If you send me anything send it to the following address along with a note explaining why you are send it/what you want. Please include your CPF username."

Just a thought...

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened

hi Vinh, i wonder about the single AA light you mentioned coming up in another thread. any News on this?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hi Vinh, I wonder about the single AA light you mentioned coming up in another thread. any News on this?

It's coming after the new year. I testing a bunch and a few already got eliminated.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: V54 MUST READ INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please note:

Please return a light for a refund or exchange if you are un-content for any reason upon receiving within the first two weeks. You may also get a refund or exchange if the light turns out to be defective after use even after the first 2 weeks. But please avoid from mailing back a light to exchange for an upgraded model. You may ask for an upgraded version if you light order hasn't shipped. Thank You for understanding.

Samlittle

Enlightened

Yes. My warnings apply to all the lights I sell. I strongly believe that any high powered LED flashlight modded or not should not be run unattended. The D40Avn specifically qualifies as a high powered LED flashlight. How you chose to run your lights is of course your choice :)

Some of the risks I foresee in running a light unattended are:
- Heat issues
- Batteries chemistry combustion
- Unauthorized access
- Over discharge of cells
- Circuitry failure causing a combustion

I would add to this list the danger of someone without a clue shining a 3400 or ++ vn lumen light into their own or someone else's eyes.

Hey watch this :eek:. Too much power for little kids and not to bright adults.

turkeylord

Enlightened

Maybe add some definitions for us noobs? Some of these I've figured out, but:

Fiat Lux: ?
PDT: Premium Dedome Tint
c: (cool?)
n: (neutral?)

Others?

Maybe add some definitions for us noobs? Some of these I've figured out, but:

Fiat Lux: The finest examples of Vinh's modded lights, Latin for "Let there be light"
PDT: Premium Dedome Tint
c: (cool?) PDT with a cooler tint usually around 6000k
n: (neutral?) PDT with a neutral tint, usually around 5000k

Others?

Capolini

Banned

Vinh's OP-LINE #1-You may also get a refund or exchange if the light turns out to be defective after use.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is very nice to know but it needs to be more definitive as far as a time period. Defective after 3 months, 6 months?, 1 year? ect. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh's OP-LINE #1-You may also get a refund or exchange if the light turns out to be defective after use.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is very nice to know but it needs to be more definitive as far as a time period. Defective after 3 months, 6 months?, 1 year? ect. :)

Time is not an issue so far as I have little defective returns after long use. Usually if something goes wrong, it goes wrong right away. So for now time is not my concern. Also most of my customers are honest. When a light break for a reason other than defective they would just tell me. In those cases I do repair for just the price of parts and postage.

Last edited:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1
That's why vinh rocks at customer service!

Capolini

Banned

Time is not an issue so far as I have little defective returns after long use. Usually if something goes wrong, it goes wrong right away. So for now time is not my concern. Also most of my customers are honest. When a light break for a reason other than defective they would just tell me. In those cases I do repair for just the price of parts and postage.

Ok,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for clarifying that. :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just to add my 2cents - vinhs customer service rivals amazon.com's customer service policy of no questions asked for a refund/exchange...

that is saying a hell of a lot for one gentleman who mods lights compared to a fortune 500 company :)

Capolini

Banned

Just to add my 2cents - vinhs customer service rivals amazon.com's customer service policy of no questions asked for a refund/exchange...

that is saying a hell of a lot for one gentleman who mods lights compared to a fortune 500 company :)

That is what I have heard. However, I still have to ask a question when the language is not clear, clarified or definitive.Especially when it pertains to ~ $300 torch! ;)

Last edited:

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened

+1
Iv had a couple different issues , vinh was on it with the quickness.

Latest posts