• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Must Read & Agree, Warranty, Lumen & Lux #s, DriverVN2, PDT, Insurance

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Vinhnguyen54 General Info Must Read

Hmmm were you having some issues with lights being returned?

Capolini

Banned

HOW ABOUT ADDING A TABLE/CHART WITH WHAT YOU CHARGE FOR "EXTRA/ADDITIONAL SHIPPING" INSURANCE?

EXAMPLES" $100- $150- X AMOUNT OF $

$150- $200- x amount of $

As most of us know the Post Office provides $50 insurance automatically for 2 day Priority Mail.

As I indicated to you in personal emails I know what the post office charges for ALL additional/extra insurance costs and that is what I based my payment to you for extra insurance for my LD50vn.

Every light that I sent you for mod or repair was insured and "Based on value of light" which in turn gave me "Peace of Mind".

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,CAPO AND ROBERTO

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Post 1 Updated

HOW ABOUT ADDING A TABLE/CHART WITH WHAT YOU CHARGE FOR "EXTRA/ADDITIONAL SHIPPING" INSURANCE?

EXAMPLES" $100- $150- X AMOUNT OF $

$150- $200- x amount of $

As most of us know the Post Office provides $50 insurance automatically for 2 day Priority Mail.

As I indicated to you in personal emails I know what the post office charges for ALL additional/extra insurance costs and that is what I based my payment to you for extra insurance for my LD50vn.

Every light that I sent you for mod or repair was insured and "Based on value of light" which in turn gave me "Peace of Mind".

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,CAPO AND ROBERTO

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh your insurance prices are outstanding i think i might insure my tk61vn v2. $305 is the most iv ever spent on a light and iv been hearing quite a few usps horror stories latly

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

Post 1 Updated

:cool: ,,,,,I am good for something! lol!

I am glad I helped kick start the new "V54 TORCH INSURANCE COMPANY, LTD." :)

I have always had the mind set," Better to be safe than sorry"!,I would rather pay a few extra dollars than have the possibility[regardless of how slight] of losing several hundred.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

with the new rules and also good insurance prices, I am pretty sure I will be insuring all my shipments from now on

ike1985

Enlightened

You've refused sale to someone? Jeez what'd they do to annoy you?

It's inevitable, dealing with as many people as Vinh deals with. Some are never happy no matter what you do for them.

It's inevitable, dealing with as many people as Vinh deals with. Some are never happy no matter what you do for them.

Been here over a year and this is the only part of CPF I frequent, haven't seen it happen before.
Without naming names of course, I'm not surprised Vinh's patience wore thin with this person, it has for many others already. And I mean many.

Capolini

Banned

Been here over a year and this is the only part of CPF I frequent, haven't seen it happen before.
Without naming names of course, I'm not surprised Vinh's patience wore thin with this person, it has for many others already. And I mean many.

Open your eyes and Let go of your resentments.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes. My warnings apply to all the lights I sell. I strongly believe that any high powered LED flashlight modded or not should not be run unattended. The D40Avn specifically qualifies as a high powered LED flashlight. How you chose to run your lights is of course your choice :)

Some of the risks I foresee in running a light unattended are:
- Heat issues
- Batteries chemistry combustion
- Unauthorized access
- Over discharge of cells
- Circuitry failure causing a combustion

-shining it in someone's eyes not knowing the danger of high powered led's (which would probably fall under unauthorized access)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

-shining it in someone's eyes not knowing the danger of high powered led's (which would probably fall under unauthorized access)

Yes. 4-5 year old niece shine a D25Cvn V3 SL edition in her eyes and she cried afterwards as it hurted her eyes for quite a while. 100% my fault. Left the light on the couch.

movanoman

Newly Enlightened

How do I purchase a d40avn in the UK thanks in advance

hazza

Newly Enlightened

How do I purchase a d40avn in the UK thanks in advance

10. I take personal checks, money orders or PayPal. Email for Payment Instructions.

11. My paypal/personal email is [email protected]

12. Email is the best way to contact me.

Start by reading the D40Avn thread here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...0Avn-Compact-AA-Lumen-Monster-4-4A-1480-Lumen
Decide what options you want for the light, and for shipping (insurance).
Email Vinh to confirm pricing/availability.
Pay him (PayPay to his email address is probably easiest).