My daughter

L.N.

Newly Enlightened
I bought both my daughters (2 1/2 and 4 1/2) a pink Nitecore tube. Very inexpensive (€10 or less). It has a built in battery and is recharchable. It has 2 modes (1 lumen - 45hours and 45 lumen - 1 hour) and easy to use interface, even for a 3 yr old: 1 click is on,on (low) and double click is high.

Last edited:

dim

Enlightened
Without the strength and coordination of an adult, my, then, 4 year old niece had a MUCH easier time with twisties, albeit with two hands, than with clickies.

The Inova X1 is a VERY attractive 80/11 Lumen, 2 level, 1xAA flashlight with a tactical style twisty for on/off with a push/squeeze for momentary on that costs about $20. The X1, designed more for consumers than flashaholics, will run a realistically claimed 4 hours on high on alkalines and a unrealistically claimed 70 hours on low.

My prior generation X1, 55/6 Lumens, runs the realistically claimed 1.5 hours on high with an alkie and about 3 hours with NiMH. With a, likely, lower current draw, the difference between alkies and NiMH may not be as great with the current (no pun) X1 80/11 but runtime may still benifit from NiMH.

With the beam pattern of my X1 being good but too sharp for my taste (I don't need a 55 lumen 1xAA thrower), I've added two criss-crossed layers of Scotch Magic Tape for a GREAT directed flood...It's my most used home EDC. From what I've read, the new X1 is not as sharp...Never the less, the tape-flood will greatly reduce lux/throw so the light will not be as sharp when she shines it into her eyes and into the eyes of others but will light up her room and play areas very well....You may even want to borrow it from her from time to time.

dim