• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

My favorite McGizmo yet: AA CRI Haiku

DucS2R

Enlightened
I live in a rural low light area and the AA high CRI Haiku quickly became my favorite light, carried it everywhere, much more than my other McGizmos which I generally store in a secure place. Which is why I still have the others but have lost my AA :-(

Lost it sometime last week, my newest light. How sad, have torn the house apart. I am pretty sure it will turn up, and I still have my regular Haiku which I also love, but I miss the AA. To me, just the right amount of illumination, and just the right color, not too blue not too red, just right.

T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DucS2R

Enlightened
Well, I love happy endings. Minutes after I posted this I got out my box of misc. light parts, something I rarely open, and there it was! Nice to have the family home for the holidays!

T

ja3e8a4a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a little change and put the AA 119v engine in a Makai head.
image.jpg

I like this set up a lot. More throw than the Haiku head and plenty of spill. Plenty of throw to look around when walking or in the back yard. This engine doesn't take advantage of the 119v's ability to be driven harder than the 119. Still has that nice tint, though.

Last edited:

HRace

Newly Enlightened
When you have both would you have a way to measure or picture the difference?

Guys, I know this question is REALLY old and you guys typically move through lights at a decent pace, but if you still have both 119V lights (AA and 123)...any chance to measure or post beam comparisons? Thanks!

Ekpon

Newly Enlightened
I also like to chime in, and express my gratitude for the Haiku in this battery format. I have been lurking the cpf for some years now, and though I could not relate to every desire of the flashaholics, I am grateful that cpf and you folks are there. Without you, everything would be different, as nothing else could have pushed the industry like you and all the custom makers of amazing lights here have done! Though I don't really collect lights, I am happy to be part of this community.
This community enables people like Don to build and keep their business model of selling great lights with amazing customer service. Up to the point, they develop lights like the AA Haiku. Why I like the AA format more than the powerful and reliable CR123? It's my EDC light and I love, that I can get spares nearly anywhere in the world without hassle. Thank you all and especially you, Don!