My First Knife

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Nice choice on the minigrip. Both it and the Endura are two of my favorite users. Not expensive, solid and reliable. And the Axis is a smooth lock. I have one of those waved Enduras, but haven't used it much at all.

I like the Sharpmaker, it's easy to use, also not expensive and flexible enough for me, you can do scissors and serrations, too. Comes with a video to help you along. The Lansky seems very popular, but for me, it takes too much work. But what do I know? Can only tell ya what works for me.

cheers,
daloosh

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Oh my, oh dear....

Im going to be a block or two away from Paragon tomorrow. Im feeling my wallet opening already. I almost got an A2 last time I was there. Now Im going to be hearing the siren song of the Mini Griptillian as well. Oh dear ;)

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Benchmade Benchmite 310AS Rainbow Anodized Ltd. Edition & I love it! :thumbsup: although it's technically not my first knife as I had a Boker Ceramic 2030 which I sold away as I found it too small to handle properly. The Benchmite is not really that much bigger either but it looks way nicer. :D I'm eyeing a BM Mini-Grip next. :naughty:

large.jpg

Last edited:

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Congrats on your first knife Winston, the E1E tailcap put to good use?

Congrats on your new knife too Cyril, hope to see your own photos soon.

Knives could sometimes be even more addictive than flashlights, haha. Don't remember which was my first knife, but the itch starts from a few SAKs :)

cmginfinityultravictorinoxhunter1.jpg

To a few multitools :whistle:

inovax5tleathermanwave2.jpg

To my first higher end production folder :paypal:

amknomadsky.jpg

To more folders :touche:

bm710hssky.jpg

To more folders and fixed blades :touche: :touche: :touche:

amksere2000sereoperatorcross.jpg

And now I practise restraint and focused my attention to flashlights, fortunately I am not in the USA, or else I would had moved up to custom knives :broke:

But I did moved up to custom lights :crackup:

SJACKAL

Enlightened
They are meagre compared to what our friends in the US have. Its all you guys' fault, all the recent talks about buying new knives had me tempted. Was planning for a new Jil Lite and a tritium watch, now I am in a dilema. :pullhair:

Bill_Jameson

Newly Enlightened
Wow, different strokes. A couple of years ago I bought both a mini grip ($55) and a delica ($41) off the net, never having handled either. I expected that the mini grip would become my every day carry. Long story short, I found the mini grip handle just slightly too small for my hand, while the delica was everything I could have wanted. The delica remains my EDC, while the mini grip stays clipped to my easy chair, relegated to opening mail.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill_Jameson said:
Wow, different strokes. A couple of years ago I bought both a mini grip ($55) and a delica ($41) off the net, never having handled either. I expected that the mini grip would become my every day carry. Long story short, I found the mini grip handle just slightly too small for my hand, while the delica was everything I could have wanted. The delica remains my EDC, while the mini grip stays clipped to my easy chair, relegated to opening mail.

I guess knives are like clothes - you gotta try them out to see what fits, what color & design you like and decide how & when you going to use it first before buying.

Which mini-grip do you have? I'll take it off you if it's one of these :D -
- Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Drop point, Combo edge, Blue handle BM556S-BLU

- Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Drop Point, Combo edge, Yellow Handle BM556S-YEL

- Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Drop Point, Combo edge, Green Handle BM556S-GRN

Last edited: