My HomeMade LED Flash light+Lantern

pavithra_uk

Newly Enlightened
Before All, Im new one to this forum.

This flash light used Luxeon K2 3W LEDs. 4 LEDs for Flash and 2 for lantern. 2-in-one. Powered by 6V 4.5Ah Sealed LeadAcid battery.

Here, In Sri Lanka, there are no spcial LEDs,optics,reflectors,drivers available. so have to build from limited available parts. even these K2 LEDs are very rare.

here some photos :

sbsh0044.jpg

sbsh0045.jpg

sbsh0046.jpg

sbsh0047.jpg

sbsh0048.jpg

sbsh0049.jpg

sbsh0050.jpg

sbsh0051.jpg

sbsh0052.jpg

Some details :

LED : Luxeon K2 3W
Driver (flashlight) :- MC34063A Boost SMPS with extranal Current boost transistor
Driver (lantern) :- MC34063A Boost SMPS
LED Currents : 600 mA (Flash) , 500 mA (lantern)

Heat sinks :- salvaged from old monitor,PSU
Battery :- 6V 4.5Ah SLA

Reflector :- from cheap chinese rechargable torch. (5mm LED)

Runtime :- 2 ~ 2.5 Hours flash lite. / lantern more than 4 hours.

Datto

Newly Enlightened
Nice work. Pretty damn cool considering it is made out of scavanged parts!

I was in Sri Lanka earlier this year, nice place. :D

1 what

Enlightened
First of al...Welcome to CPF!
Nice project considering the problem with components. I'm a great fan of homemade lights and projects with recycled materials.
I hope I don't get into trouble for saying this but have you discovered the inexpensive DIY flashlight components that you can buy from Deal Extreme or Kaidomain yet? While you get what you pay for and delivery can sometimes take a while (or sometimes be reasonable) they do have a lot of "building blocks" if you like to DIY on a modest budget.

pavithra_uk

Newly Enlightened
First of al...Welcome to CPF!
Nice project considering the problem with components. I'm a great fan of homemade lights and projects with recycled materials.
I hope I don't get into trouble for saying this but have you discovered the inexpensive DIY flashlight components that you can buy from Deal Extreme or Kaidomain yet? While you get what you pay for and delivery can sometimes take a while (or sometimes be reasonable) they do have a lot of "building blocks" if you like to DIY on a modest budget.

yes. but problem is even I have no credit card or money in my paypal for that. so I have no way to pay for it.