My new E3P, 9 pics included

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine will ship in 4 to 7 days, so the stock was already empty when I ordered, I suppose!

No problem though, there's another parcel that should arrive every day (every minute!!!)

Yes, the light seems to be as long as 2 x AA, which is too long for a keychain and with 100 grams (without the cells I suppose), it would be too heavy too. I never intended to get it on the keyhain, the LD01 will be hanging there.

It'll fit well in a pocket! :)

cruisemissile

Enlightened
Keychain...I think this light might be too big and too heavy to be a keychain light.:candle:

dang. then again, I'm silly enough to "sport the bling" even if its a bit too big for the keychain. when you plunk down your keychain down somewhere and someone says "dang..!", will make it worth it.

saint777

Newly Enlightened
I thought I read on the main thread from Flavio that it will take Li-ions, just not rechargeable ones. Someone had asked that question on his thread. Just wanted to confirm as I have one on order.

fineday

Newly Enlightened
I thought I read on the main thread from Flavio that it will take Li-ions, just not rechargeable ones. Someone had asked that question on his thread. Just wanted to confirm as I have one on order.
No, E3 and E3P are all rated 1.5V max, so only alkaline and Ni-CD/Ni-MH acceptable. Li-ions will burn the circuit at once.

fineday

Newly Enlightened
dang. then again, I'm silly enough to "sport the bling" even if its a bit too big for the keychain. when you plunk down your keychain down somewhere and someone says "dang..!", will make it worth it.

:p I prefer throwing it into one of my pockets. Even in pockets it feels quite heavy...

saint777

Newly Enlightened
No, E3 and E3P are all rated 1.5V max, so only alkaline and Ni-CD/Ni-MH acceptable. Li-ions will burn the circuit at once.

How many volts are the non-rechargeable Li-ions? I new to this whole volt thing (I have one of the E3P's on order though). Flavio stated that the light would be good as long as you don't exceed 2.0v ( I asked him via email). Not sure if the regular Li-ions put out more than that.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to fry my light once I get it.

streetmaster

Enlightened
How many volts are the non-rechargeable Li-ions? I new to this whole volt thing (I have one of the E3P's on order though). Flavio stated that the light would be good as long as you don't exceed 2.0v ( I asked him via email). Not sure if the regular Li-ions put out more than that.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to fry my light once I get it.

If you're talking about the Energizer Lithiums that you can buy at any store, they are 1.5v and you can use them in ANY light that takes 1.5v.

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Runtime graph using Sanyo 2700.

index.php

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a big fan of the Fenix L1T v2, and the LumaPower LM31, I think I've finally found a JetBeam light that I'm going to be happy with. And I get it with a warm tinted Cree now, so I am told. Woo-hoo!

Norm

Retired Administrator
I really like JB lights, this would be perfect if it could take Li-ions and had I.B.S..
Norm

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bugoutgear has them.

I kinda wish I had waited and got the neutral one. :shrug:

At this light level, it probably doesn't make any difference.