My New Malkoff Projects

Rommul

Enlightened
Oh I thought it would be a dropin along the lines of the C&D Seoul dropins that could be used with a regular mag reflector.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
M60 in Surefire 9P. Tried primaries, now will try Li-Ion 17500, 18500 and also 18650.

M60_module.jpg

M60031.jpg

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
For the tripple dropin it is recommended to use NIMH and not Alkaline, but what happens on alkaline?

Will it be less brightness? will the batteries explode?

Thanks.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will be less bright. Alkalines just kind of suck for anything like this. This is because alkaline cells have trouble delivering enough current (amps) due to their high internal resistance. It will still work, nothing should blow up, but you'll get better results in both brightness and runtime from NiMh.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, Alkalines work OK in regular 1-LED drop-in in 3D Mag. Or with the 4xC configuration in 3D Mag.

But NiMH have better run time it seems, and a flatter curve if I am not mistaken.

wheel

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff Devices

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Gene and Cathy last week and let me tell you that they are about the nicest people you could ever meet. I wanted a LED Drop In for my 6P and 2 cell mag. The quality of both devices was beyond what I had expected. I finally decided on the M60 which has the best throw for a LED that I have seen so far. The Mag drop in has transformed my mag into the 21st century and is now useful once again. I liked the mag drop in so much, that I had to pull out an old 3 cell mag. With in two minutes I swapped the drop in over to the 3 cell and the performance difference was overwhelming.

I encourage all my fellow light enthusiasts to check out Gene's workmanship and quality products.

Malkoff Devices

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Gene,

Any chances of ever developing an LED drop in for the Streamlight SL-20 series of lights. There are alot of officers who use the SL-20X lights for duty that would be excited to see your drop in for this classic light!