My New Malkoff Projects

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^^ what he said

if this has more significantly more output at 1amp than the p4 its a winner

Gene43

Enlightened
I've been working on drivers for the P7. I have a few P7's to play with and more on order. I'm shooting for full output on 2-3 NIMH for Mags. We'll see what develops?

Thanks, Gene

alantch

Enlightened
Gene, any chance of a P7 dropin similar to the M60x series for the SF P/C/Z series?

Gene43

Enlightened
Hmmm...I really don't know. Just the inductor would nearly fill the driver cavity on the M60. It may be possible at a reduced output (1.5A?). Then there's the question of a suitable optic/reflector.

nmos

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mag 2D. What do you think about using a 6AA -> 2D series adapter along with the 4-6D Malkoff drop-in vs just sticking with the 2D-3D version. Also Gene, any plans to do a version of the Mag Dropins that have 2 or more levels?

Thanks and good luck with your venture.

Gene43

Enlightened
Nmos that should work fine, some folks are doing just that. Sorry no plans for a high low, but it could be acomplished with an additional switch in the tailcap introducing a resistor in the circuit.

Canonista

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to see a one-off variant of the 3-LED light that functions as a 3rd brake light. Red LEDs, a weatherproof housing, and the ability to run off 12volts would cost how much more?:twothumbs

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Gene, any possibility of discussing a SSC P4 U2SWOI drop in that's flexible enough for 1 17650 to 3 CR123's input and a drive level that gets me 180/200 lumens out the front?

I am on Cree overload and wanted something besides optics. I love the optics of yours that I have but sometimes you just crave something different!

Do I have a shot at all? :D

Last edited:

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
Question for the 2-3 C/D drop in's.

If I plan to use NIMH should I buy a 3C or a 4C Mag host?

Since NIMH is 1.2 instead of 1.5 Volts I am wonderign if 4-cell host is feasable?
Thanks.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
How many more U-bin Seouls do you have? I'm curious to see what the specs on the Mag modules will be with U2's.

It is the V bin Seoul P4's that we should be looking for to upgrade the U bins. A few of them are out and were used in the latest GatLight.

Bill