My New Malkoff Projects

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
daveman said:
I'm glad you plan on offering even more mods to the public, Gene. After sampling your modified 2D Mag, I can honestly say that your works are top notch quality and solid all around. On one hand I sincerely hope you'll sellout your local Home Depot's stock of Mags, but I really wish to keep such marvelous lights to myself. Oh well...can't have it both ways. I am waiting for your next mod, Gene.

David

Man... you already have yours? Mine is going to ship around Friday. I can't wait. I'm so jealous you already got yours! lol

Burgess

Flashaholic
LOL !

lolsign.gif

That made me smile, Gene !

goodjob.gif

fod

Newly Enlightened
Gene,

I could not be happier with the 3D drop in, and I would like to express interest in your other projects, especially the 6P dropin, for now, and the tri-led down the road

soupdragon

Newly Enlightened
would be keen on option (1)

I've been hanging about waiting for a high powered surefire drop-in with a cree or p4 run at 1a for a while

one thing though are planning on making run on single 17650 or 18650 as well as 6v

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened
Gene,
I've beed checking your site every few days only to find out today that the Drop-In Module for 2/3 D-Cell Maglite Flashlight is already sold out. How could I've missed it? Hope you have some more soon.:)

barkingmad

Enlightened
Tri-LED sounds GREAT - but would be superb if it could be driven a bit more (i.e. 1-1.1a each like your single LED drop-in) or as someone else said with 2-3 level output?

But there again there is not really a massive difference between ~720 lumens over ~600 lumens - perhaps it is a heat dissapation issue and the slightly lower output would mean longer runtime...

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
The specs have changed it will be a dropin with each led driven at 1000ma.Gene

Looking forward to this..... I bought a host in anticipation.:D Guess in the meantime I will enjoy your current mag drop in. Any ideas on a release date?

Gene43

Enlightened
Well I thought I would have a few prototypes ready by this past weekend. I did manage to waste 3 Crees, 3 drivers, and a copper heatsink on a nasty beamed floodmaster. Its almost like the beams thrown from one of those rearview mirror crystals when the sun hits it. A sickening disco ball. Ordered some other parts and back to the garage (lab).

Gene

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I thought I would have a few prototypes ready by this past weekend. I did manage to waste 3 Crees, 3 drivers, and a copper heatsink on a nasty beamed floodmaster. Its almost like the beams thrown from one of those rearview mirror crystals when the sun hits it. A sickening disco ball. Ordered some other parts and back to the garage (lab).

Gene

"nasty beamed floodmaster." Wow. I think you finally managed to build something I am NOT jumping out of my seat to order!!!

When this baby runs right, I am sure it is going to be OUTSTANDING, and I am giddy at the thought of a 700 ish lumen mag 3d with the capability of running nimh or alks!
Is this going to be an end-user installed mod, or would you need to have our lights sent to you?

GregY

Newly Enlightened
Still have a firm interest in #2. Waiting for more to appear. You need an apprentice, or grad student, or something. :)

Gene43

Enlightened
The tri-led will be a dropin. A copper heatsink similar to the current single emitter Mag Dropin.

Greg I have 5 partially completed on the workbench. Hopefully I will have them ready by tomorrow.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I have several of Gene's mods and all are brighter than anything over the counter.
My Mother has his 3D, 2 stage K2 light, I have a 2D, 2 stage K2, reconverted to a 1 stage Seoul, and a P60 mod drop in.

What I am waiting for (GENE, Please take notes and PM me when ready:)
I want the 3 Led light, mated to a Mag "C" body if "at all possible".

Please PM or email or call me when this one is ready..., I love the 3 led lights!!!

barkingmad

Enlightened
The tri-led will be a dropin. A copper heatsink similar to the current single emitter Mag Dropin.

Greg I have 5 partially completed on the workbench. Hopefully I will have them ready by tomorrow.

have you decided on a price yet?

Sounds great - especially now 1000ma to each emitter! :thumbsup:

Latest posts