My Quick Fenix E01 Review

JWP_EE

Enlightened
Thanks. Dark blue is my favorite color. Most of my flashlights are black so either way I think I will be happy with the color.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got myself an olive E01 and for some reason the battery stuck in it and wouldnt come out, sent it back to the guy i got it from (i'm from singapore by the way) and he's sending it back to the factory and i expect a reply after the olympics (as he says that international mail into china is undergoing stringent security checks now and delivery might well be delayed so it's better to wait till after the olympics)

Got myself another one in the meantime, the purple one is a pretty nice colour and the other colours are as stated, the blue is very dark and the orange/gold is pretty nifty too.

lightwise, i find the E01 very handy and useful when things are pitch black and you dont want a high lumen light blinding you (or giving away your position when you are somewhere where you shouldnt be [while fishing!!])

i DIY-ed a diffuser and a spare battery holder for the E01, its posted here if anyone's interested https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/204494

cheers for a great light!

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
I'm currently doing a run time test on my AA mod. So far its been running in regulation for a whopping 24 hours!:faint: I put the Eo1 head into a AA body and it works pretty darn good. Ill probably take some pics and post them in a new thread.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
What AA body are you using?

Also how's everybody's purple e01 holidng up? I ordered one to break the black/nature tone of all my lights, hope it's not a mistake as I hear purple doesn't hold up nearly as well as nature.

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
Its only from a dollar store light and i stuffed the head tightly in its own and used a paperclip carefully bended to act as a negative contact. But so far its on hour 26 and still going strong!

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah I see, I thought it was something like the arc aa body from jsburly.

Saw the pic of purple e01 from earlier in this thread, it's more pink than purple, crap, I was afraid of that... :ohgeez:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw the pic of purple e01 from earlier in this thread, it's more pink than purple, crap, I was afraid of that... :ohgeez:
I call it Pinkle :D

Wifes' on the left, mine on the right.

P5230005.jpg

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Based on this very complete review I have ordered a few of the EO1 lights and I appreciate all the time it took to test this light.....Can anyone say if there have been any changes in this light between the first versions and the ones offered today?....such as tint or depth of the LED in the head.

A search did not show very much as far as the performance of the most current versions...I ordered the Olive colored versions as I like the neutral color best.

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
forgot to ask . . . how difficult was it to get the circuit out of the E01?
Oh i didn't do anything that drastic :D. I put the entire head inside. It ran for 28 hours at least but it was 11:30 and i had to sleep, so i think its safe to assume 30 hours of regulation. I'm defiantly not testing the moon mode because i don't have the time :devil:.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just noticed the numbers on the lights in Black Rose's pic a few posts back were the same for each light. I guess these are batch numbers, not serial numbers. The one on my light is different. It's US344752.

Geoff

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 Things i dislike from the e01:

1. Really weak beam, even $2 rayovac krypton AAA keychain light is brighter.
2. I ordered the Olive one with the T1 combo and they sent me the very ugly golden one.

So i gave it to my girlfriend and she said "wow this little thing is so bright". (She havent seem my other flashlights yet)

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 Things i dislike from the e01:

1. Really weak beam, even $2 rayovac krypton AAA keychain light is brighter.
(She havent seem my other flashlights yet)

You sure you got a fresh cell in there? Mine outshined the Culligan Man's Minimag yesterday when he was here and he said he just put fresh batteries in his (I think I broke his ego).

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just noticed the numbers on the lights in Black Rose's pic a few posts back were the same for each light. I guess these are batch numbers, not serial numbers. The one on my light is different. It's US344752.

Geoff
The first two letters are the country code.