My Second Job

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a flashaholic often requires a lot of excess income. My first job pays $400-$500 a month with rent being $120 which is more than double what I paid in uni and bills are $20 for my mobile.

Since I wanted to significantly increase my flashlight funds I got a second job. It is the cliche and stereotypical first American job a lot of people have. I don't really hear anyone talk positive about it either but it is close to where I live and I can pull an additional 60 hours per week here.

We sell a lot of product that is made in USA and some how even Russian made things too. I guess the world is global. Some of my customers are from Canada and S. America. I never would have imagined if you knew where I was located. The coworkers are interesting and fun too.

Every two weeks I place a big order with Led Lenser, Securiled, Maglite, and soon Lupine in addition to buying on the Bay. I went from a dozen lights to over a hundred since March.

When I was first on here I had a very small collection now it is big. I make reviews when I have time and life is good.

That said I can't sustain it. I feel by the time I get 200 lights I'll have everything. Short of going into design and production I don't know which direction to take my hobby.

I could even drop my job once I complete my collection.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A job is a job. I work 2 myself. Ironically over the years I've recommended getting a 2nd job to help support one's flashaholic addict. Mainly in jest. But why not? Another member even took my quote and put it in his Sig line.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I am really missing something here. The numbers don't add up. I can't figure out how you eat, much less buy a flashlight. :confused:
I have to agree. I have a special needs sister who was working part time at McDonald's and made 500+ every two weeks part time. I've also never heard of anyone using the term UNI except out of the USA. Certainly not in West Virginia. Oh well. Who am I to judge. I'm just super cautious on here anymore after we all got duped by that scammer.

To the op sorry to hijack your thread but you most likely aren't originally from West Virginia?

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uni is short for university. All of my Australian/British friends use that instead of saying university or college.

...I feel by the time I get 200 lights I'll have everything. Short of going into design and production I don't know which direction to take my hobby.

I could even drop my job once I complete my collection.
Oh, grasshopper...as soon as you declare your inventory to be complete, you will shortly thereafter see a review of a new light, freshly released to the public, with performance and features to amaze and delight to most jaded among us, which you will immediately feel compelled to acquire. Many of these will be reasonably priced, and you will justify the expenditure because it's ONLY $xxx.

Others will have a price equal to the cost of your firstborn male child; these you will think about a little longer before making a decision. :devilish:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I am really missing something here. The numbers don't add up. I can't figure out how you eat, much less buy a flashlight. :confused:
Food is only like $30-40 per week. I shop at Aldi and buy close to expiry date foods in Ohio. I get free local free range eggs from a neighbour and Coke is free at work. If you don't often eat meat and no fast food you save a lot. When I lived near Charleston my food costs were $200 per week. Of course that was going to Krogers, eating at a Halal restaraunt at least once a week, and import foods from Amazon.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, grasshopper...as soon as you declare your inventory to be complete, you will shortly thereafter see a review of a new light, freshly released to the public, with performance and features to amaze and delight to most jaded among us, which you will immediately feel compelled to acquire. Many of these will be reasonably priced, and you will justify the expenditure because it's ONLY $xxx.

Others will have a price equal to the cost of your firstborn male child; these you will think about a little longer before making a decision. :devilish:
Actually new features rarely interest me. Rubber covered Usb ports are lame and lumen numbers mean little when 1000 and up isn't so great at close range.