My Wrist Hurts - Need a New Mouse

TheBeam

Enlightened
What about a chair with armrests? Sometimes I type with one of my arms on the armrest(can't do both very well). My arm/wrist on the armrest feels way better than the one that is not supported.

Does anybody else do this?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TheBeam said:
What about a chair with armrests? Sometimes I type with one of my arms on the armrest(can't do both very well). My arm/wrist on the armrest feels way better than the one that is not supported.

Does anybody else do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been doing that for years. I strapped a small board to the right armrest so the mousepad is on the armrest. It is just like having your arm on the armrest but with a mouse in your hand. My wrist still gets strained or tired, but I think it's from the length of time using the mouse rather than the position. I can use the mouse for hours like this before I feel any strain whereas if I am using a mouse elsewhere, such as on a desk or keyboard droor, I feel the strain on my wrist within minutes.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I was twisting the key-closure thing on a stage case today (Tree ought to know what I'm talking about) with my right hand and all the sudden a flash of pain/numbness shot through it. Not a good sign /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif first thing I thought of was SH*T that hurt. Second thing I thought of was this thread.