Need a vehicle flashlight

Jetnoise

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm currently carrying a 3D cell maglite w/ LED bulb in my Jeep. It does the trick for the most part, but I wouldn't mind finding something that is rechargeable off the vehicles 12v system. I'd look for a handheld light that could reach out to 100 or so yards, and durable. Willing to spend around $200. Hopefully that's enough info to get the suggestions flowing!

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there,
Have a look at some fenix and olight lights that are usb charged,great option for a car glove box:)
From Fenix uc40/uc45/uc50 and olight r40 seeker and sr52(great light and love it)

Have a look in the review section for some of the lights mentioned to see if suits requirements. Something to bare in mind would be tint preferences(if any) and more throwy or floody etc to narrow down.

Good luck,lots of choices,Nitcore also do usb charged lights ,the tm15 is around budget if search careful which imo is a great light but uses 4x18650 cells,so longer run times............To smaller p25 single 18650,ninja mall light but its been a great light so far!

mcm308

Enlightened
I have my trusty Streamlight Ultra Stinger with 12V charger for my Jeep.

Pretty sure Streamlight has different 12V charged lights. Check them out.

lytumup

Newly Enlightened
Hasn't been mentioned yet, but take a look at the Klarus line as well. I just picked the RS20 as my new vehicle light. Has a magnetic charger, good throw for the main light, and the side light is even more handy than I expected. Plus you can swap out the side light from white to red green or blue.

Bob Damon

Enlightened
I would still get a separate battery charger and a spare battery. Charging a 18650 battery can take several hours.
And after you get the handheld light, you might want to consider a headlamp, so you don't have to hold the light.

cjmorris

Enlightened
With a $200 dollar budget you can get a few really nice lights and a charger that works in your car. Don't limit yourself buy your favorite 2 at least.

Poppy

Flashaholic
You've already gotten excellent suggestions for in-light-rechargeables. What I like to recommend for a IN_CAR _LIGHT is that you carry a RED diffuser cone for it. Let's face it, other than changing a flat tire, there are few break down repairs that can be made On The Spot and more likely than not, you'll be using your light to warn on coming traffic that you are broken down and for them to move over to the next lane of traffic. A traffic wand is the tool for the job.

Oh, one more thing, if you want a light that will reach 100 yards, get one that is rated at 200 yards or more or a cd of 10,000 or more. That'll put one lumen on target instead of a measly 0.25 lumens (that you won't be able to see at 100 yards)

Last edited:

Jetnoise

Newly Enlightened
Wow these are great responses, thank you all for them. I've added quite a few from here into my list. I will compare and research them all while I serve out my last few months in Korea. After that, homeward bound and a new vehicle carry!