Need help picking out a good headlamp, please.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tooly
H52Fw is good choice.
But you're sure that you want to buy a Zebralight AA?
I adore these AA lights but I tell you that the version 18650 is "another level"
H600Fw is better ;-)

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tooly
H52Fw is good choice.
But you're sure that you want to buy a Zebralight AA?
I adore these AA lights but I tell you that the version 18650 is "another level"
H600Fw is better ;-)

Hahaha...yous are killing me.
Yeah man...i just ordered one and also a SC52FW L2. Hope I didnt make a mistake. Is the neutral white good at night?

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok...I do like the wider beam...but I do what to see out alittle more then 15 feet. And whats the best light type, neutral white or cool white?

Where to use these lights ?
In a wood tint neutral is the right choice.
(But then there are personal preferences)
However in the forest with the neutral tint trees, leaves and plants appear better.
H502w or H602w can be a valid choice for hiking, but because of the low throw you need to use a second light in your hand.
In this case you can have a truly comprehensive vision
This is a combination that I use frequently and that always leaves me satisfied
Example of use:
H602w (head) + Fenix TK35 nw (in hand) - view: https://youtu.be/6SUx7njiiOM
H602w (head) + Zebra SC600w II (in hand)
H602w (head) + Nitecore P12 neutral withe (in hand)
H602w (head) + other torch (in hand) with specific throw capacity (Example: EagleTac S200C2 or Armytek Predator)
The great of the H602 is that always sees where you put your feet and what's your sides, on hiking (and not only) it is very useful.
I think everyone should own one because its characteristics sooner or later will be useful.
But if you think of going out for a hike with only one torch the H602 is not suitable.
A good handyman is H600F/ H600Fw with it you throw enough but still a good view of the front of your feet and side.
I made excursions very difficult where H600Fw to light level of 313 lumens gave a good view and did not feel the need to use a second torch.

Please remember that the letters w after the number indicates tint neutral.
I hope that what I wrote might help you in your choice.
In any case, do not worry, usually those who buy a Zebralight later buys also another..

I hope that Google translator was understandable :laughing:

Last edited:

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your help! :D
This is my first headlamps im getting and first zebralight, well now ill be getting 2.

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope that Google translator was understandable :laughing:

Very nice!

You could be the agent for virtuovice. He uses the H602w and a neutral-white, hand-held light himself. I linked his video above:

Hiking a rough trail is much different than walking on pavement. You have to watch every footstep. Where I live, that is also true in daytime, unless you don't mind stepping on rattlesnakes! I learned that after my second close call and more than a couple of stumbles.

Last edited:

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice!

You could be the agent for virtuovice. He uses the H602w and a neutral-white, hand-held light himself.

Yes, I know that channel, I often see his video.
Him looks like a realflashaholics
Flood Headlamp is money well spent and always finds use even if do not perform hiking.
Initially I had two H502 cool withe (with tint very cold) after I then bought H602w and new H502w L2, the neutral tint is a must in outdoor.

daflip702

Newly Enlightened
City for losing your mind/wallet AKA Las Vegas
Another one to look at is the Spark SG5. The coolest thing about this headlamp is the ability to change from flood to reflector. Offers neutral white tint. Very good runtimes. Superb build quality.

I rather prefer a lightweight AA headlamp. I dont really need a huge amount of lumens like 18650 based lights. Don't like 18650 size either.