Need info on olight s2r baton 2 battery/battery indicator light

mountaindewer

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any info on the s2r baton 2 as far as battery voltage levels? The cell says that it has overdischarge protection, but doesn't state at what voltage it kicks in. From my understanding of lithium ion, you never go under 2.5 volts. I've been using the battery indicator light on the switch as my guide. I don't always use it down to red, but when I do, I stop just as soon as it turns red. The light is still bright at red and it still works, so it's obviously not low enough to trip the protection or cause the light to not come on. I'm just curious. I'm not too worried about cycle life, I'm just worried about being drained too far and causing a fire/explosion

Last edited:

Ymayhem

Newly Enlightened
From their website "Indicator glowing green (Battery remaining>=70 % ), indicator glowing yellow(Battery remaining 15-70%), indicator glowing red (Battery remaining<=15%)". No mention of exact voltage but you should not need to turn it off inmediatly after the red indicator.

mountaindewer

Newly Enlightened
Well, I've been using a cell phone by that same gauge (70%, 50%, etc) And everything has been good on that so far. But, I'm sure nothing on a phone can load the battery up like a 1,150 lumen load. But as you stated, red isn't that bad if the overdischarge protection hasn't kicked in. I'm just going to assume the battery kicks in at 2.5 to 2.7 volts, like 95% of other protected cells do.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've been using a cell phone by that same gauge (70%, 50%, etc) And everything has been good on that so far. But, I'm sure nothing on a phone can load the battery up like a 1,150 lumen load. But as you stated, red isn't that bad if the overdischarge protection hasn't kicked in. I'm just going to assume the battery kicks in at 2.5 to 2.7 volts, like 95% of other protected cells do.

Use your DMM to measure cell voltage along the way, to see where things are.

Then you'll know for sure.

Chris