Need some Help

mountaingreek

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I was using for years the 4d cell Mag light and after that only cheap chinese junk,now i have a fenix e11 and i am very happy with this little guy but i want some more power from fenix or olight..double aa or cr123!these are the brands wich i can get directly here in Greece more costly but doesnt matter,please give me something what you would choose!
Kind regards.
Sorry for my bad English

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi mountaingreek,

I have two of Fenix's 2xAA lights: the E25 and the E20. The E25 has a side switch and can tailstand; the E20 is tail-switched and cannot tailstand. The E20 has a tighter hotspot yet wider spill than the E25; the E25 is a better indoors light, in my opinion. The E25 switches modes with its switch, while you have to shake the E20 - which can be locked into a single mode light with momentary-on due to its forward clicky.

They're both incredible lights! If I personally could only have one of them, though, it would be the E25 for its user interface (UI) and tail-standing ability. If I can help you decide which of these would be better for you please feel free to ask any questions!

Best wishes!
Grijon

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to add:
If the E11 is like the E12, then you won't get much more power by going to 2xAA; you will get much greater runtime!

If you want more POWER, then the 4xAA LD41 will rock your socks off!!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not knowing what your intended use is, I will throw this out. I have used the Olight Javelot M2X-UT. That sucker is nice! I would look into that one. For Fenix, I owned the TK35. Great light. I ran it with two 18650's. But, it will run on four CR123's. That would be a nice light too. I hear the PD35 from Fenix is nice too, but I have no personal experience with it.
Your English is better than my Greek! lol

mountaingreek

Newly Enlightened
Need some opinion

Hi
After using for years a 4d cell Maglite i
orderd the fenix e11and i am good with this little guy,but i need a little bit more.
I want to go to double AA or CR123 from fenix or olight because i can get them here in Greece in 1-2 Days(more expensive of course)but doesn't matter.
What would you chose?Thank you in advanced!
Sorry for my bad English!!

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are considering CR123a lights, it's well worth looking into 18650 batteries. Most 2xCR123a lights will run off of one 18650. The 18650 is rechargeable, so once purchased won't cost anything to run the light.

18650's are as cheap as CR123a's to buy and a charger is cheap too. Meaning in one or two charges you'll easily get your money back.

High powered lights will eat through CR123a's.

chazz

Enlightened
Re: Need some opinion

If a 2xAA light will work for you I would recommend sticking with AA. I have quite a few lights with different cells etc. but AA is what i always use for gifts, emergency lights, car lights etc. Eneloops or Energizer lithiums depending on use. Also, my edc light is a 1xAA also FWIW :)

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast

Check out the Fenix PD35, 2 CR123A light. Link is member selfbuilt's review of the max 850 lumen model. They now sell a 2014 model with a max of 960 lumens - which is the one I have.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast

mountaingreek

Newly Enlightened

First sorry for double posting something went wrong.
And Grijon i'm very very sad call you rude i misunderstood your Words forgive me please!!!!
So these are a lot of lights meaning a lot of money meaning maybe divorce from Wife-IF-she finds out..
Thanx to everybody for the Infos!
PS.What is up with the fenix ld 22 ??
Kindly Regards from Greece
Carl

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast

Grijon is a nice guy.

Thank you, sir!

First sorry for double posting something went wrong.
And Grijon i'm very very sad call you rude i misunderstood your Words forgive me please!!!!

Thank you very much, Carl; I've misunderstood people before and I certainly won't hold it against someone else for doing it, too. Ha ha, we're all good!

PS.What is up with the fenix ld 22 ??

I think the Fenix LD22 looks awesome - I don't have one (yet), but I surely want one! Forward-clicky tailswitch, sideswitch mode selection with memory, a 3-lumen low and 215-lumen turbo, excellent runtimes, a pocketclip...the only downside that I see is that I don't think it can tailstand, which is important to me, but not a dealbreaker. Considering how incredible it sounds other than that, it's definitely on my wishlist!