Need the best hand sized tactical light out there!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have the M21-X and it is not really a tactical light, It is a nice light but when you need to twist the head back and forth to get a specific mode I wouldn't consider that "tactical".

Of course tactical as a word is used to describe everything these days, even some underwear and socks LOL.

6882094053_cc1b719bd4_o.jpg

Nerf Tactical

:D

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good advice given by members above. Welcome to the forum. I would stick with your current Surefire 6P flashlight and do the Malkoff M61 upgrade. Keep all of your current holsters on your belt, and most of all, you are familiar with your equipment that you have. Same flashlight host, with an upgraded LED light inside. It is a tough combination to beat! With the importance of training, and being familiar with your duty equipment that comes as being 2nd nature, stick with what you got and upgrade the light with the Malkoff. It fits your bill, and is bulletproof. :thumbsup: Stay safe.

ToNIX

Enlightened
As a LEO myself, I'm going to recommend a Malkoff drop-in for your 6p (or a Malkoff MD2 body, which has a low mode by slightly unscrewing the bezel). I wouldn't touch anything else than Surefire or Malkoff IMHO. Reliability is really important.

However, I'd get the M61W (or M61W first batch, more neutral, which I use) instead of the M61. I started with the M61, then switched to M61W because the colors were way too washed out. The warmer temperature is seriously needed when looking inside cars for drugs or weapons. It also makes a big difference when looking for a suspect hiding somewhere.

Feel free to PM me if you need any more infos.

spc smith

Enlightened
madecov,

your dead on point with the Olight M"21"X not being a tactical UI twisting the head to change modes, thus making it a two handed operation in the sense. I completely agree. However, its smaller brother, the Olight M20X-S (side switch), is not to be stamped with having the same UI. Not at all in fact. The UI is genius and fumble proof, as is the klarus XT11. Both superb lights. Both Quick tactical reactive lights as far as the UI goes.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
madecov,

your dead on point with the Olight M"21"X not being a tactical UI twisting the head to change modes, thus making it a two handed operation in the sense. I completely agree. However, its smaller brother, the Olight M20X-S (side switch), is not to be stamped with having the same UI. Not at all in fact. The UI is genius and fumble proof, as is the klarus XT11. Both superb lights. Both Quick tactical reactive lights as far as the UI goes.

Just for grins, I'm probably going to order an M20X-S

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another recommendation for Malkoff M60 or M61. For LEO, reliability and predictability are paramount. 6P is built like a tank, and Malkoff drop-ins have a reputation as being rock solid, as well.

c2_centurion_bling.jpg

That is my Go-To Zombie Apocalypse Surefire. It's got a Cryos cooling bezel for improved heatsinking, an aggressive crenulated bezel with which I have subdued several individuals with, Triad tailcap with soft-press McClicky and stainless steel belt clip. Granted, it's not a 6P, but similar configuration can be applied to it since their parts are interchangeable.

Keep your 6P. Modify it, but don't replace it with something else.

Last edited: