Neofab Legion II

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
While I myself see no harm in an upgrade option, I don't like the idea of useless spare parts lying around. You have to figure that once you upgrade to an SST-50/90 light engine module (if that's even possible with the LII), that the old MC-E module would essentially be useless. Sure you could keep it as a spare, but the likeliness of you ever needing or wanting to use it again would be highly unlikely. I would rather a discount be given to those who have already purchased a Legion II instead. If you don't want to own 2 Legion IIs, you could always post the one you got now here at CPFMP as I'm sure someone will buy it at a reasonable loss to yourself (which should be compensated by the discount on the new SST-50/90). That's my thoughts on that...

Come to think of it you are right. Guess my journey in this flashlight world has only just started and all the old timers inputs are really appreciated.
No point having a redundancy engine which might be of less output lying around collecting dust.
So Neo..hope you willing to give discounts on your new projects for current owners who miss out on the new LED upgrade.

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
I'm planning to do a comparison review/beamshot shootout between the Legion II, Fenix TK40, EagleTac M2CX, DBS MC-E, M30 Triton, Epsilon ED-P72, Ultrafire RL-2088, Jetbeam M1X, and Solar Force L1000 P7.

popcorn.gif

neoseikan

Enlightened
I will provide upgrade for recent users. That's what I hope to do.
I can use recent bodies in stock and people can get their Legion II upgraded (maybe not necessary, but interesting.)
I will charge recent users the price of new LED and some disassembly/assembly work. (If we don't need to change the driver.)
If the driver should be changed, I will offer discount to recent buyers.

radu1976

Enlightened
I am one of the guys who get an 'ordinary' LEGION II .
Here are my impressions :

Fit and finish are excellent.
I was afraid of the UI but that proved to be very easy .
Although indoors it can be seen a slight donut hole - for my light - outdoors the beam is flawless, very nice , no dark rings .
BTW , the donut hole is far more present at my EAGLETAC P100C2 .

Sidespill is very bright on high - as expected - while the throw is very good also . Something around 20,000 lux as I have been told . According to my eyes I do believe it is.

I wish the beam to cover a larger area but given the very deeeep reflector that didn't happen. However the L2 is very bright and easily light up a room.
I like it a lot the but I am not sure how often I will use it given its size.
I definetely recommend the flashlight but I wish the waiting time - about 4 months - were shorter. However
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif
for Neo for his excellent workmanship ! In my opinion the LEGION II is a winner !
progress.gif

Last edited:

neoseikan

Enlightened
Thank you people.
About SST-50/90, I have to keep some little secrets, but the main challenge for me is to order enough of them. I will just do it.
I am quite interesting in using SST-90, but maybe it will be a floody light.

I personally prefer floody light, but to be honest, holding a thrower and being watched by others is quite satisfying for my vanity.

You should have a look on this:
A young girl designer produced an amazing series of lights. The best one I saw in China.

12494628120.jpg

12494629170.jpg

I hope I can use the same design to get a "bright ball" with my Legion II.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got word from Neo that there will be an SST-50 version of the Legion II coming out. He's already got a prototype and he emailed me a picture of the beamshot compared to the MC-E Legion II. The cooler tinted spot is the SST-50. He also told me that he is looking into Osram Ostar emitters too.

Legion2withsst50.jpg

Legion2withsst50.jpg

Last edited:

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
How does the SST-50 perform compare to MCE? if Neo able to drive it up to 5A then it will be a 1000+ lumens flashlight. Could you email me the beamshot? PM inbound..

neoseikan

Enlightened
How does the SST-50 perform compare to MCE? if Neo able to drive it up to 5A then it will be a 1000+ lumens flashlight. Could you email me the beamshot? PM inbound..

No doubt, it has a better beam. Maybe more floody.
The current will be lower than 5A, but will be much higher than MC-E Legion II.

neoseikan

Enlightened
SS bezels will be in stock when your Legion II are send back for upgrading :)

@cafecomfacas

Newly Enlightened
It would be very expensive to sent'em back to upgrade Neo! Brazilian's taxes/fees are too hight!

To get both Legion II outta Customs I paid almost U$180,00! :shakehead

neoseikan

Enlightened
Hi, Chico. Now I know why you didn't choose the upgrade the Legion II standard version.
$180 even I declare the price as low as $20?
Why?
How can they think a flashlight so expensive without the invoice?

BTW, I am modding my own Legion II into a 3 * XP-G one, and the output current is 4.5A

It will be a bit hard for you to do the same work, but if you are an expert, that's easy.