*NEW* 2015 EagleTac Lights

Ladp.1

Newly Enlightened
Re: *NEW* EagleTac Lights

That P25LC2 looks like it would be really cool to use as a lantern...if it would tale stand. I wonder if a D25LC2 tail cap would work on it.

rrego

Enlightened
I've been a big fan of EagleTac lights, ever since I started with their line, getting a P100A2 and P10A. They are still in regular rotation years later! :D Can't wait for a review on the P25LC2 and P25A2. I see more EagTacs in my future!

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

I must be missing something here. What is the actual difference between the P25LC2 and the D25LC2 Tactical, other than .1 inches of head diameter? Is one optimized for 2 x CR123 vs 18650, or does one have more blinky modes or something. I could do with an 18650 light that will always come on at the pre-selected "high"mode to go with a pistol. Here you have 3. Indoors, even 80 lumens works for me as a bedside "bump in the night light," 420 lumens would be good outdoors. Don't know what I'd do with 700+ lumens....

lebox97

Enlightened

The EagleTac P20 / P25 / T20 / T25 series lights have user replaceable/upgradeable LED modules (P25LC2 "Diffuser" model is the exception), all the others do not.

Cheers
Tod

I must be missing something here. What is the actual difference between the P25LC2 and the D25LC2 Tactical, other than .1 inches of head diameter? Is one optimized for 2 x CR123 vs 18650, or does one have more blinky modes or something. I could do with an 18650 light that will always come on at the pre-selected "high"mode to go with a pistol. Here you have 3. Indoors, even 80 lumens works for me as a bedside "bump in the night light," 420 lumens would be good outdoors. Don't know what I'd do with 700+ lumens....

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

The EagleTac P20 / P25 / T20 / T25 series lights have user replaceable/upgradeable LED modules (P25LC2 "Diffuser" model is the exception), all the others do not.

Cheers
Tod

Ah-ha. I did miss something. And something rather significant, I'd say. And does EagleTac have any high CRI or warm white replacement modules to tempt us?

I might have to pick up one of these. Had a P100C2 with a nice neutral tint awhile back, probably shouldn't have sold it. It was a solid straightforward light. Had one of the D-series 2 x CR123a twisties too, but it had a nasty green tinted LED. It seems in the last year or so, EagleTac has made an effort to source some decent emitters, so I'm hopeful that I'll like the one I get when the time comes.

Daveh1

Newly Enlightened

I'm a big fan of Eagletac. Got the original D25lc2 twisty over 3 years ago and have used it without any other light making want to switch. Until recently with P200lc2. I love it. The have the best lights for EDC, as far as I'm concerned. And I love that they got rid of the modes on it. I don't need them. Low, medium high, perfect!

lumicycle

Newly Enlightened

Ah-ha. I did miss something. And something rather significant, I'd say. And does EagleTac have any high CRI or warm white replacement modules to tempt us?

According to the website they so far have only the cool white, neural white, and a 395nm UV LED modules for the P25LC2, but I'm fairly confident that more modules will be released in the coming months. There are an abundance of P20 series modules available, but haven't seen mention of whether those will fit the new P25LC2 body.

I'm quite interested in this light...it's what I wish my (four!) P20C2's were. I can't say I didn't see it coming, though. The only thing they didn't fix is that there's no power on in "true low." Can always keep a hand over the head when you power on and tight-loose the head, but it's a bit annoying to have to do that and of course you can't if you don't have a free hand. Looking forward to reviews nonetheless.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Newly Enlightened

Received my light yesterday, a neutral white P25LC2. Overall I love the light, well spaced mode with many aux blinking modes. 1minor complaint from me is that, the batt tube seems thin(compared to Fenix PD32UE or Nitecore SRT5). Really wished the light is able to tail stand, that would be really nice with the diffuser mode turn on.

res1cue

Newly Enlightened

That P25LC2 looks like it would be really cool to use as a lantern...if it would tale stand. I wonder if a D25LC2 tail cap would work on it.

Got my p25lc2, 1200 lumens out of a small package is very impressive. Higher lux than d25lc2 tactical, and you can tell head is a bit bigger, reflector is a bit deeper. Also its smooth not LOP

Most importantly they are interchangable tail caps, so yes you can tailstand it

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

Quite like the P25LC2,
the diffuser model should be able to tailstand.

I have a few D25LC2 twisty units, its been my holy-grail light & bike light---------------- I may just make room for the P25LC2;)

Fatso35

Newly Enlightened

Received my light yesterday, a neutral white P25LC2. Overall I love the light, well spaced mode with many aux blinking modes. 1minor complaint from me is that, the batt tube seems thin(compared to Fenix PD32UE or Nitecore SRT5). Really wished the light is able to tail stand, that would be really nice with the diffuser mode turn on.

Hi,

Can you tell me ive the diffuser part is worth it? Does it have a bit of trow?

Best regards,

eff

Enlightened

No reviews on the MC25C2 Turbo yet ? :D
mkKPqCw.png

WhitedragonBC

Newly Enlightened

Not being able to turn on in low really kills the P25LC2 and D25LC2T for me.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

review needed

Last edited:

lumicycle

Newly Enlightened

Received my light yesterday, a neutral white P25LC2. Really wished the light is able to tail stand, that would be really nice with the diffuser mode turn on.

Congrats! FYI...I bought a tail-standing tail cap from eagletac-usa for my P20C2 MKII for ten or eleven bucks. Much worth it. Ithink the tail caps are interchangeable across most EagleTac lights of thisbattery config. I just checked on that and they do list different tail caps for different series of lights, but I'd be surprised if the P-series tail-standing tail cap doesn't fit the new P models.

review needed

+1, can't wait.

Not being able to turn on in low really kills the P25LC2 and D25LC2T for me.

To those that have them, can someone confirm this? Product page says "One press for MAX or MIN output: With head tighten/loosen, turning on the flashlight will always get you the maximum/minimum output power." So, when they say "MIN" do they mean the lowest possible output, or are they referring to the second lowest? Bit of a deal breaker for me, as well.

Also, does anyone have both the new P25LC2 and a P20C2? I'm curious to know if the LED modules in the new light fit the older model. Thanks!

Last edited:

WhitedragonBC

Newly Enlightened

Read what's right below that.

Four pre-defined output
Turn the head to access three common output levels. You can pre-select your desired output before turning on the light. A quick twist will get you the lowest level (4th level). This makes it especially useful when you are in a dark environment and need to preserve your adapted night vision or need maximum runtime.

and on the technical page.

• Twist the head to select between three output levels.
  • To access the lowest 4th level, turn the head to 3rd level, then 2nd level, and then back to 3rd level within one second.

lumicycle

Newly Enlightened

Read what's right below that.

and on the technical page.

Yes, I saw that, but it doesn't explicitly state what level it provides when you turn it on with the head "loose." Well, it actually does explicitly say "minimum" power level in the section I quoted, so I would like to take this to mean the actual, truly lowest, minimum power level that is referred to as the 4th level in the section you quote. I have a strong feeling, though, that it's taking the 3rd level to be the "minimum," which defies the definition of the word, does it not?