*new* Acebeam K70: max. 2600 lumens, 1300 meters throw

Chaitanya

Banned
yeah unfortunately the k60 and k70 are already clipping the camera sensor. human eyes constrict the pupils to deal w/ this but i need to have consistent camera settings between shots. i guess i need a bigger ELEVATED beamshot place, going forward (towards even brighter lights in the future!!!)

take note the dark picture was taken w/ the exact same camera settings, and it is what you'd see w/ your naked eyes (there's some light pollution on the horizon)
You can always stop down the lens or increase the shutter speed or lower ISO to reduce the clipping.

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
According to SelfBuilt, the AceBeam K60 put out 160,000 lux@1m, while AceBeam advertised 124,100 cd.

For the K70 AceBeam is claiming 422,000 cd, so this thing stands a GREAT chance of being a real winner/white laser beam.

In the image below (sorry, I don't know how to post an actual image into the thread, only a link... doh!), the upper half is the K60 central beam brightness at the gate vs. the lower half which is the K70 central beam brightness at the gate in OverClocker's EXCELLENT beamshots (thanks again dude!).

Bottom line it looks like we've got a real contender for an Olight SR95s UT replacement (as I prefer stock lights vs. vn's magic).

tmp.jpg

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the amazing beamshots, OC.
Are they close to what you see in person? AFAIK, the P36 has only 23,000 CD, but it appears to reach very well in your photo. My lights with over 30k CD, at over 150m, don't throw as far your P36.

ven

Flashaholic
@overclocker

Having the k60 and now k70 which are of course different lights but look similar, would you say its worth owning both models ?
Is there anything that stands out with the k70 significantly( is throw a huge difference) over the k60 and do you have any preference over each of them. Maybe a go to light for a walk in the open etc

Thanks for any info/opinions in advance overclocker:)

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to SelfBuilt, the AceBeam K60 put out 160,000 lux@1m, while AceBeam advertised 124,100 cd.

For the K70 AceBeam is claiming 422,000 cd, so this thing stands a GREAT chance of being a real winner/white laser beam.

In the image below the upper half is the K60 central beam brightness at the gate vs. the lower half which is the K70 central beam brightness at the gate in OverClocker's EXCELLENT beamshots (thanks again dude!).

Bottom line it looks like we've got a real contender for an Olight SR95s UT replacement (as I prefer stock lights vs. vn's magic).

View attachment 2187

The T20 with XPL HI performs below its advertised specs, so it's hard to say, unless Acebeam builds a trend of exceeding advertised specs.

ven

Flashaholic
Trouble is mr quack, anything pretty much over 4000lm suffers from heat at some point on max, really need a HUGE light to dissipate the heat to stand a chance for long run times.............then fuel becomes an issue...........keeping it running.

The k60 does a pretty good job with all things considered, the k70 should do quite a bit better at around 2000lm less...........Should be able to run at full tilt till the cells say NO MORE!

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
:mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:

Thanks!

Being light greedy, I want a handheld searchlight without heat issues. :naughty::naughty:

WWIsearchlight.jpg

Last edited:

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
...:twothumbs:twothumbs...

LOL!

It reads as if the Nitecore TM16GT is the current end of the road for me.

...:thanks:

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
...:twothumbs:twothumbs...

LOL!

It reads as if the Nitecore TM16GT is the current end of the road for me.

...:thanks:

Its a good all rounded light out of the box, but it can be made awesome! :whistle: Now get that tm16 gathering dust sent to vinh!!!!:D

Hutchoven

Newly Enlightened
How accurate are Acebeam's lumen ratings? I've read they sometimes underrate the lux but I haven't seen much on lumen validation.

rhildinger

Newly Enlightened
Well, crud, now my wallet is $189 lighter thanks to this new light...

It'll be going head-to-head with my stock TM36 to see who stays and who ebays.

ven

Flashaholic
How accurate are Acebeam's lumen ratings? I've read they sometimes underrate the lux but I haven't seen much on lumen validation.

I dont think too far out, this is off the top of my head now, the k60 was advertised at 5000lm, sure vinh measured around 4500/4600 OTF lumens. So in that respect no too far out if they use LED lumens. However the flip side, the x60m which was meant to be 10,000lm, sure it was around 6000-6500 OTF. Lot depends on losses through the reflectors /lens.......can be 15% to maybe 30% depending.........

Thats off the top of my head without searching!

I would say 2600lm is certainly believable !

Milw light

Newly Enlightened
They are both using the same XHP-35 HI LED. Ace Beam has discontinued the K50v3 XHP-35 HI, but you can still buy it from HK Equipment flashlight.

The K70 XHP-35 HI is set to be it's replacement. The head diameter is 88mm. This is 2.2mm smaller than the K50. It will still be a good thrower.
Good luck there! I ordered an "in stock" K40M from HKEquipment only to have them refund my payment because it wasn't available. I ordered off Ebay & had it in 2 weeks.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a good all rounded light out of the box, but it can be made awesome! :whistle: Now get that tm16 gathering dust sent to vinh!!!!:D

I like awesome but I'm taking care of some medical issues: cataracts and dental.

Had the first cataract taken care of on Tuesday and when that's healed, the second one will be done. Good thing we have only two eyes because when I'm done, I won't be four-eyes anymore. :p

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Good luck with it mr quack, hope for a speedy recovery and soon a modded vinh light to try those new peepers out on:poke:

Latest posts