New aluminum/brass/copper edc in the works

star_c_star

Enlightened
Tmack,

What is the approximate ETA on the Titanium version?

I'm still willing to wait, but am eager to receive my new toy!

recDNA

Flashaholic
8537f1058d668bbc8511f5e45503b2af.jpg
[/IMG]

Got the flashlight, thanks!
Really nice looking!

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks recDNA.
Unfortunately, the light no longer looks like that. I had some modifications done to the light (see this thread).

recDNA

Flashaholic
I saw. Just complimenting the builder. I actually like the original version but don't get me wrong. I like yours also.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to some feedback after you guys get them in your hands and do some field testing.

:thumbsup: Definitely robust. accidently dropped mine on cement as I was walking towards my son's truck. it hit on the edge of the head first, then flipped and hit the tail. no issues other than some battle wounds in the copper. used a couple of files to knock down the rough edges and smooth it a bit.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad I had copper yesterday. I was pocket carrying (clipped) and when I got into my vehicle I must've accidently turned it on (high) and after a bit of time I felt a burning sensation at my hip. Got it removed and shut off, but almost too hot to handle.

The patina s coming along nicely too.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gorgeous. Wish someone made Cu clips.

Copper has no spring properties and is inappropriate for a clip. The closest color match would be anodized SS/Ti but it would not tarnish along with its host.

recDNA

Flashaholic
live and learn. thanks for the info. i never knew that about copper

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
So is Tmack still in the custom flashlight business? I haven't heard from him in a while.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
there was an update in the Tmack Customs thread in the laser section. He's had Life happen, but will be back. he's looking for a new machinist for when that happens too...

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Really nice looking!

Beautiful. When Tmack returns I would be interested in buying one.

For the record I like the thick crenelated bezel. I'm not worried about pocket carry.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Glad I had copper yesterday. I was pocket carrying (clipped) and when I got into my vehicle I must've accidently turned it on (high) and after a bit of time I felt a burning sensation at my hip. Got it removed and shut off, but almost too hot to handle.

The patina s coming along nicely too.

Finally did that a few months ago with an aluminum light. Unfortunately it wasn't a copper light but at least it wasn't stainless. For a moment I thought the Hot Pants of the 70s were back.

Dobtruckers

Newly Enlightened
Posting here hoping to find someone with one of the copper Tmack lights who would be interested in selling it to help me complete my collection of copper LED light makers. Does anyone know where these lights are today 5 years later? Dennis O'Brien [email protected]