• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New Cree XP-G2 P60 Replacement Modules

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XP-G2 / P60 STYLE MODULES

By any chance would it be possible lower the amperage?:shrug:

Looking for a drop-in around the 200-250 lumen mark

Hi

Sure we can lower the amperage that is not a problem, and it will definitely increase runtimes. If we dropped the amperage to about 1 amp I would think we would be in the right ballpark.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

Pictures of the reflectors being used, I will try to get some beam shots a bit later. I also will post some lumen numbers.

Thanks

Dave

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be getting ahead of myself... and off topic. But I am already wondering who will make a quad p60 of these :devil:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave,

Any idea of the lux at the normal 1.4A drive level yet?

Hi

OK here is what I have measured in the calibrated sphere. A XPG/ S3 is about 365 to 375 lumens. A new XP-G2 R5 is around 385-395 when pushed at 1.4 amps. The real plus to this is when run at 1.4 amps the lumens after a full minute is still with in 7-10 lumens of where we started. To only loose less than 10 lumens when running full out means this is a good amperage to run these at.

Now I also have ran them at 1.75 amps and they did go up about 15-20 lumens but with in 30 seconds had dropped to the level the 1.4 amps had been running even after several minutes. I have not tested them at 2 amps but I am sure they will take it but again they will drop quick.

The real bonus of these will be when we can purchase neutrals or high CRI both are out there just not available in pcs. If a R5 is slightly more than a S3 then a R4 neutral white should be over 350 lumens or at least that much. I will keep checking on the neutrals but the vendors are tough on releasing new tints.

Over all I am quite pleased at the new emitters. The VERY small lumen drop when running at suggested limits are a real plus I think and the 1D tint is about pure white to my eyes. They are a XPG and a Cree product so in a smooth they do have some rings but a nice hotspot.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

One last item to cover, I have most orders that have come in complete and mailed. I would have had them all but had a few orders from the website to also mail. I will have all orders finished and posted tonight and mailed early tomorrow.

I have plenty of these emitters so sourcing them will not be a problem.

I will be going out of town tomorrow morning and will be back able to ship this coming Monday. I may have a connection while gone and may not as service is limited where we are going.

Of course you can still order and I will promptly build and ship when back as I have quite a few in pills ready to go.

Thanks

Dave

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks for the info dave... it seems these are very efficient if they "keep" their lumens for that long after startup

cant wait for mine to arrive!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

OK you all should have received shipping notices by now. The few that did not make it today go early up in the morning. If you did not see a shipping notice check your spam folder.

Thanks All

Dave

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the gains are even higher for the neutral & warm/hiCRI over the gen one XPGs.
At least I think I read that somewhere...

Mmmmmm 5B gen2..... Gonna be nice!

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal:

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
1 level OP reflector.
Potted.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

Still no promises but I am working on those neutrals. My regular salesperson is back after a vacation and will see what he can do. No promises but a bit of hope.

Dave

PS I don't know where is will go but working on high CRI XML's also:D

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
3.6-18 volts 1.75+ amps
1 level

free potting, OP, single money sent

call me crazy? or call me maybe?

thundertree

Enlightened

:paypal: from thundertree for:
Two (2) XP-G2 drop-ins each confirgured as follows:
XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts
1.4 amps
1 level
w/ free potting
Smooth reflectors
Total = $70

Unique Transaction ID # 0FF8142587893845C

Much thanks!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sweet, let us know how you like it. Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow.

im loving this drop in! its way brighter than i though especially on high... and I am quite surprised how cool this thing runs... when comparing next to my jetbeam bc25 (xml 650lumens) this thing is a block of ice! (well it does get warm...)

running in my new solarforce l2t tailstand model with ucl :) :rock:

MagicDot

Newly Enlightened

I hope I did everything right.. I sent you a PayPal for:

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
3 levels * high , med , low *

w/ OP reflector

as per our discussion.

Unique Transaction ID # 0EL75376XR470801U

Thanks!

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

after doing some comparison to some other single xmls i have decided that this led is teh awesomeness. :rock:

ive been running this led on high for nearly 2 hours on a fresh aw 3100 and it hasnt gotten to hot to hold, nor has it shown any signs of low battery yet!

i will be edc-ing this for a while... theres no way im letting this out of my sight:huh:

oh - and great job dave for prompt shipping and a great quality dropin :rock::cool:

Last edited: