• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New Cree XP-G2 P60 Replacement Modules

TheCleanerSD

Newly Enlightened
Re: XP-G2 / P60 STYLE MODULES

Thanks again Dave!

Got my drop-in installed into a SF 9P this weekened. So far I'm pretty impressed with what this LED can do a 1.4 amps.
The color is very nice as well. To me its a very crisp, but not cool white. Having a 3-mode in a 3-cell host give me plenty of options between brightness and runtime.

kimck99

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

It's been a while since I went through a buying spree with lights so I guess I have the itch to get some new lights with summer ending :). (Not to mention it's been a while since I've visited CPF :eek:.)

So, forgive my ignorane as I have not kept up with LED developments for the past 1.5 years or so. With that a couple of questions:

1. How would these XP-G2s compare with the XM-L T6?
2. I have an older Surefire G2Z to use has a host. Given that the G2Z has the nitrol... head, will XP-G2 be OK use? (Concerned about heat build up.)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Enlightened

Can you do low-med-high or low-high?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you do low-med-high or low-high?

Hi

I do not discern between low med high and high med low since ALL my drivers have last level memory. This was answered before we lost a few of responses in the last few days.

These are probably low med high but again it makes No difference to me and I have been posting this same way for 4 years. These are the same driver that most every aftermarket vendor is using and the same that are sold by most aftermarket vendors. Again these are probably low med high but as I said I always post as I have on the first page.

As for levels available they are listed on the first page and the ones listed are all that are available.

Thanks

Dave

Enlightened

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
3.6-10 volts 1.4 amps
3 level *high, med, low*
Potted
Smooth reflector

Paypal sent

Last edited:

slntdth93

Newly Enlightened

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts 1 amp (Can you check if it's in the 200 lumen ballpark?)
1 level
Potted
Smooth Reflector
International 1st class

Paypal Sent

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts 1 amp (Can you check if it's in the 200 lumen ballpark?)
1 level
Potted
Smooth Reflector
International 1st class

Paypal Sent

Hi

I can check to see how many lumens but it will be too late to do anything about it as it will be potted before I can check lumens. I have to build the module to check it and since the potting takes place as the driver is set.

If you use percentages you should be above that figure.

Dave

slntdth93

Newly Enlightened

Hi

I can check to see how many lumens but it will be too late to do anything about it as it will be potted before I can check lumens. I have to build the module to check it and since the potting takes place as the driver is set.

If you use percentages you should be above that figure.

Dave

Hmm. I guess you could set it to 1 amp and then it would be nice if you provide me the lumen output

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm. I guess you could set it to 1 amp and then it would be nice if you provide me the lumen output

Hi

I will do that but as I said since it is 25% lower than what has been established @ 1.4 amps then it will be around 300 lumens give or take a few.

Dave

thundertree

Enlightened

:paypal: from thundertree for:
Two (2) XP-G2 drop-ins each confirgured as follows:
XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts
1.4 amps
1 level
w/ free potting
Smooth reflectors
Total = $70

Unique Transaction ID # 0FF8142587893845C

Much thanks!

Dave,

I received one of the drop-ins I ordered, and I'm very pleased with its performance (much thanks for the good work). The only problem is that I ordered 2 dropins as noted above. The package arrive in perfect condition, but it only had one drop-in inside. Could you send the other missing one as soon as you can? Thanks again!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave,

I received one of the drop-ins I ordered, and I'm very pleased with its performance (much thanks for the good work). The only problem is that I ordered 2 dropins as noted above. The package arrive in perfect condition, but it only had one drop-in inside. Could you send the other missing one as soon as you can? Thanks again!

Hi

I guess I just spazzed out, with the forum down I could not double check orders and just misread the PP. I will ship tomorrow and thanks for letting me know.

Dave

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave,

Got mine today.
Perfect in every way, nice and bright.
Fits the Solar force perfectly :thumbsup:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

i'm gonna be trimming down the outer spring on my XP-G2 module to fit better in my FM beefy bezel and for surefire bezels, if I mess up and cut too much off how much is a replacement outer spring?

the outer spring is all that needs adjustment right?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

i'm gonna be trimming down the outer spring on my XP-G2 module to fit better in my FM beefy bezel and for surefire bezels, if I mess up and cut too much off how much is a replacement outer spring?

the outer spring is all that needs adjustment right?

Hi

There are full empty modules for sale on my website but not just springs as if I sell just a spring then I have to ditch the rest of the module since they come as a package.

It is not the beefy lamphead it is the fact you are using a surefire whose module pocket is the shortest of the manufacturers. Yes just cut the outer spring and probably just one ring or two rings will work.

Dave

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

There are full empty modules for sale on my website but not just springs as if I sell just a spring then I have to ditch the rest of the module since they come as a package.

It is not the beefy lamphead it is the fact you are using a surefire whose module pocket is the shortest of the manufacturers. Yes just cut the outer spring and probably just one ring or two rings will work.

Dave

10-4 thanks! I neglected to realize if you sold me just the spring you'd have to ditch the rest of th pill/module parts lol. Thanks bud for the great work!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

10-4 thanks! I neglected to realize if you sold me just the spring you'd have to ditch the rest of th pill/module parts lol. Thanks bud for the great work!

Hi

You should be able to get two surefire springs out of one. Most cut about a ring or a ring and a half. Some use none at all but then you may need to wrap tape a bit lower. I think a single ring or two is better.

Dave

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast

Order sent for 1 xpg 2. details listed on order

I think I got all of the details you asked for.

Lighthouse 1

MagicDot

Newly Enlightened

I got a dumb question.. ..what's the copper tape for that's included with this drop in? I hope I haven't screwed anything up by not using it yet. I have a Surefire 6p from Oveready if that makes any difference..

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a dumb question.. ..what's the copper tape for that's included with this drop in? I hope I haven't screwed anything up by not using it yet. I have a Surefire 6p from Oveready if that makes any difference..

Hi

On the back of the mailing tube it tells you a bit on it.

Some members like to remove the label on the reflector and replace it with some of the tape, this is so the heat is wicked to the body of the light.

You are fine with or with out it. With a 6P you will only need part of the tape sent and it can be cut with a pair of scissors. If you decide to apply it don't make it so tight the module wont slide in and out. It should be snug only and again you don't have to use it. If you do about a wrap and a half should do your light.

Dave