• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Edition: Vote for your favorite McGizmo!

scout24

Flashaholic
I am a happy, small-niche-occupying quirky person. :D Love and daily carry my Haiku XP-G, but own five PD's, three of which are Don's. For me,there is a sublime pleasure to be derived from using the PD design. I never use the twisty activation unless I have to put the light down, or need it for more than a few minutes. Even with arthritis, the thumb is not too stressed, IMHO. Then again, I enjoy winding by hand and using my Grandfather's Hamilton pocketwatch. :nana: I'm okay with this, as I am apparently in good company here.

tshirley

Newly Enlightened
MCGIZMO MAKAI 1X123 HAS MY VOTE! The head might be to large for some but the Makai has amazing throw with the perfect amount of flood. I had the Haiku XPG just did not have the reach I wanted. I:thumbsup: live in Wyoming need to see whats out and around me. Great overall size fits in my hand perfectly and not to mention a great looking light people who see it just want to touch it. My votes in, Makai baby!!!!!!!!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a happy, small-niche-occupying quirky person. :D Love and daily carry my Haiku XP-G, but own five PD's, three of which are Don's. For me,there is a sublime pleasure to be derived from using the PD design. I never use the twisty activation unless I have to put the light down, or need it for more than a few minutes. Even with arthritis, the thumb is not too stressed, IMHO. Then again, I enjoy winding by hand and using my Grandfather's Hamilton pocketwatch. :nana: I'm okay with this, as I am apparently in good company here.

The PD design was the first interaction I'd had with a McGizmo. I definitely love the simplicity and smoothness. Spending a few days with the Haiku reminded how nice a good clicky can be though. :grin2:

rush

Newly Enlightened
My Lunasol 20 is the one and only McGizmo that i own and not a word of a lie i have been EDCing it every day since getting it. Sure there are other lights in the arsenal for special occasions, but the Lunasol is just the perfect companion in form and function. So there is my vote :)

The PD is a joy to use, low and high are always there within on thumb movement and i often make use of that lighting up some dark corner with the high beam while using the flood for close up work. And while not practical in every situation, i love the tight hotspot and good reach of the high.

To me the Lunasol 20 is Don's best design to date, if there is a head that would have been made to fit the PD pack perfectly it is the LS20.

However the Haiku XP-G is a close second in terms of design and sooner or later i will have to take one off Dons' hands. For some reason i don't see it take the spot of the EDC for me since it is bigger than the LS20, but when i know that i will be in the dark then the wider beam and more punch will be much appreciated :)

jblackwood

Enlightened
Hey rush! I also only own one model of McGizmo's lights, the LS20. I agree with everything you said. I might get a Haiku soon enough and I imagine the high on it will be wider with the XP-G when compared to the Golden Dragon on the LS20. My biggest concern is with the low. I don't like having to wave a light around when in total darkness in order to get a good idea of my surroundings, which is why I love my LS20 oh so much. It lights up SUCH a large area. Just last night, though, I was lighting up the beach from a 16th floor balcony with the high on my LS20, which is pretty surprising given the smaller (than most lights its size) reflector on the high beam.