New Fenix XM-L flashlights - TK21, TK41 and TK70

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
SWEEEEEET.....PLS..PLS....IM TORN BETWEEN THE 2 TORCHES.

ok so i WAS gonna compare between the tk45 & tk41. but since my tk41 is so green and crappy, its already boxed back up and on its way back for a refund. which suits me fine since i want that tk70 anyway lol.... me personally i say go with the tk45....and wait a few months for the tk41 crappy green led to go away.............

Last edited:

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
Too many flashlights?

Yes, because It can run up a bill after a while - my next purchase will need to be real powerful so that I don't feel the urge to buy more lights for a significant amount of time.

marc123

Newly Enlightened
To me, the TK60 is just a upgrade for the TK41. TK70, that's the real work :)

Yeah, the TK70 will be amazing for wow factor but it is a pretty impractical size for realistic use. The TK60 on the other hand is about the same as a mag lite. You could actually walk down the street without someone calling the police that theres a man with a alien rocket launcher :eek:

kj2

Flashaholic
Yeah, the TK70 will be amazing for wow factor but it is a pretty impractical size for realistic use. The TK60 on the other hand is about the same as a mag lite. You could actually walk down the street without someone calling the police that theres a man with a alien rocket launcher :eek:
" ET phone home" haha :D

joey_1987

Newly Enlightened
Is the green issue with the TK41 around the hotspot or the spill or the hotspot itself? I have one which has a pure white hotspot but the area just around the hotspot is an ugly green/brown shade, the seller I bought it from tells me this is normal for all fenix lights but my old L2D Q5 exhibits none of this and my new LD20 R5 exhibits it to a much lesser extent.
Cheers.

beamis

Newly Enlightened
To me, the TK60 is just a upgrade for the TK41. TK70, that's the real work :)

I don't know. I have a TK41 and I will buy a TK60 the minute they are available. I already have NiMH D cells and charger so the prospect of longer run time is attractive. If the run times scale linearly, the TK60 should get almost 5 hours on turbo.

beamis

Newly Enlightened
Is the green issue with the TK41 around the hotspot or the spill or the hotspot itself? I have one which has a pure white hotspot but the area just around the hotspot is an ugly green/brown shade, the seller I bought it from tells me this is normal for all fenix lights but my old L2D Q5 exhibits none of this and my new LD20 R5 exhibits it to a much lesser extent.
Cheers.

On low I see a green ring around the hotspot. I only notice it while shining it against a white wall, and even then only on low.

joey_1987

Newly Enlightened
I notice it on all modes, but low mode is by far the worst. When outside it's not so bad but when near white/light coloured surfaces it becomes noticeable. Is anyone else experiencing the same?
Cheers.

kj2

Flashaholic
I notice it on all modes, but low mode is by far the worst. When outside it's not so bad but when near white/light coloured surfaces it becomes noticeable. Is anyone else experiencing the same?
Cheers.
I have the same on the low mode. In the other modes I don't see it. And outside, all I can see is white.

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
Cheers.

same here i get it on all modes, but low its more green than white..........even outside i can still see slight greenish in the beam itself.

kj2

Flashaholic
Question now is; Does other flashlights have the same problem? or only Fenix lights? or all XM-L leds?

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question now is; Does other flashlights have the same problem? or only Fenix lights? or all XM-L leds?
It is the tint lottery because of the new emitter. This problem will slowly get better as the binning of the XM-Ls gets better. If you are really picky about tint then you should wait for warm or neutral offerings. As far as the tint shift in lower modes, that depends on the circuits used and PWM and all that stuff I don't really understand.

srfreddy

Enlightened
That was because the dies were the same as XREs. Green on low is normal-I've seen it on all current controlled XML cool.

recDNA

Flashaholic
My BC40 isn't the least green in high or low. Of course the low isn't very low which is fine by me. I have no use for moonlight in a flashlight that is too big for my pocket.