New Fenix XM-L flashlights - TK21, TK41 and TK70

g.p.

Enlightened
Nice light! But what a shame they didn't go with 18650s instead. I'm not spending $130 bux on four D NIMH cells and the Maha D & multicell charger. Maybe they will make some other variant in the near future.
+1

Although, that claim of being able to throw 720m is making me have second thoughts....

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
How come Fenix can't get a 5th output mode? 2200, 1100, 367, 92, 18 lumens would be better.
I assume they are doing what the TK45 did, use only one LED on the lowest mode. and that price is the 'list price' I hope

and who are they kidding with regards to alkalines. They probably won't work at all on the 2200 lumen mode, and will drop to nothingness on the 930 lumen mode in 20 minutes or so.

Last edited:

Shikar

Newly Enlightened
I WANT a TK70........NOW!!!!!! Its going to make my S12 look like a minimag.

Regards.

BWX

Enlightened
I have thought about buying one of those "bigger" lights, I especially like the TK35, but find it hard to motivate for myself.
Usually it's enough with my LD01 or SC30w and in case I need more 2xAA or 2x123 lights is sufficient for me.
But if I can mount a TK35 on the bike, that might be a reason enough for me to buy one... :devil:
How does that work with the Fenix bikemount? I thought the TK35 was to big.
Have you modded the mount in any way?
I could put the TK70 on my bike no problem- the TK45 works perfect with this setup. With the TK45 on the bars and either the LD20 R4 or Quark 2AA S2 mounted to my helmet, I light up the night like it was daytime. I think the TK45 has the best biking light beam. It's perfect. It isn't as heavy as you might think.. not when considering how much water you carry, etc.. I don't even notice a difference when riding.

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

Last edited:

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
just curious what everyone who plans on getting the tk70 is going to do for batteries? im still new to batteries..........i use eneloops in my tk45.......what do you all suppose will work best in this bad boy?

liquidwater

Newly Enlightened
just curious what everyone who plans on getting the tk70 is going to do for batteries? im still new to batteries..........i use eneloops in my tk45.......what do you all suppose will work best in this bad boy?

imedion lsd 9500mah look good

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
i dont understand those it seems like there is only 1 aa that goes in that?? am i wrong? if it is only 1 aa that goes in that convertor then theres not enough power to power that light?
there are converters that take 2 x AA in parallel and convert it into a D-cell. :poke:
Eneloop AA should have no problem powering that light. But you will have less runtime.

Richub

Enlightened
Given the price of decent rechargeable D-cells and a decent charger and the price of the TK70 itself, I'm thinking of letting the TK70 drop from my wishlist...

Beyond my budget. :shakehead Pity.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are converters that take 2 x AA in parallel and convert it into a D-cell. :poke:
Eneloop AA should have no problem powering that light. But you will have less runtime.
The eneloop AA to D cell adapters use 1 AA cell... Its like using a motor cycle gas tank to fuel an SUV... it will work perfectly fine for a short while.
Given the price of decent rechargeable D-cells and a decent charger and the price of the TK70 itself, I'm thinking of letting the TK70 drop from my wishlist...

I agree, its awesome but I'm not interested right now. If there is an 18650 option and a warm tint then it jumps to the top of the list.

kj2

Flashaholic

For me, I already have de D-cells. But the price for the TK70- think it will cost here around €200-210. Damn, that's a lot of money for something that gives light.
Of course quality cost money, but this are prices that are to high for a normal guy like me.

Latest posts