NEW GE Reveal Lightbulb

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I would beware of LOA compact fluorescent lamps. They are known to have a short life due to marginal electronic components and or design. I would recommend a CFL by one of the big three Philips, Ge of Osram Sylvania
PS Philips invented the compact fluorescent lamp in the early eighties.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Those HID-look lights are just halogens with colored glass. Their light output is less than if the glass were uncolored. I had a pair of blue ones in my car for about 2 weeks. The light was inferior to the regular halogen bulbs. Junk. True HID or metal halide lamps need a ballast that requires retrofitting of the vehicle.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Human Lumen:
I would beware of LOA compact fluorescent lamps. They are known to have a short life due to marginal electronic components and or design.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would TOTALLY agree by experience! I bought one of those circular flourescent bulbs thinking that it would last MUCH longer than a regular incan. BUT NO. It lasted just about the same or maybe only twice as long...which isn't much for a bulb that costs almost 20 dollars!
mad.gif

THe thing started clicking and flashing at the end of its life trying to restart every time i flipped the switch. I think there was a problem with the starter rather than a spent bulb.
Oh well...live and learn.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Philips Dimmable Earthlights..no flicker, just gradually brightens, no hum, no radio interference, no burn out during brown-outs (the dimmable models) available in 'warm' (yellowish) or 'daylight' (bluish) -- I like the ones that come inside of (weatherproof-outdoor) globes or domes, the light is more diffuse, the tubes don't collect dust...
cool.gif