New Jetbeam PC25

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
Care to further explain what you don't like about it?
Is it the build quality or the brightness or the beam projection, etc. etc. etc.

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Care to further explain what you don't like about it?
Is it the build quality or the brightness or the beam projection, etc. etc. etc.

You bet. First off the output is terrible. If I had to rate it's output, I'd put it in the 250 lumen category. Not 400 as claimed. As a comparison, I just received the new JET-III M XM-L (rated at 450 lumens), and this thing screams, and can hold its own compared to the Fenix TK21 and latest EagleTacs, whereas the PC25 is clearly not in the same category. Beam pattern is typical JetBeam (RRT-2 excluded), which is a good combination of throw and flood without a really well defined hotspot.

As for build quality, it is quite light as a result of being made mostly from castings as opposed to separate machined parts threaded together. This gives the tailcap/tactical grip part of the flashlight a really cheap feel as it's all a single component.

Last edited:

_Event_Horizon_

Newly Enlightened
I have to agree with Flight_Deck. I basically made up my mind last week and got to check one out first hand to make sure it's the one I wanted. After testing it, I was really disappointed with the output. I loved the how the whole light was designed to be all controlled with one hand for tactical use, but the output just did not look like it was putting out 400 lumens. Also the beam profile was all floody w/o a defined hotspot. Eventhough it's claimed to be HA III anodized aluminum, it actually felt pretty cheap.
In conclusion, I was glad I tested it out before making the purchase. Pictures and black and white stats can tell a different story.

tengc82

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of getting either this, the BA20 or the Fenix TK15. I like the look of thr PC 25 a lot more, though. My main issue with the PC25, though, is that it seems to not throw that well. It has more spill than I would like. This has some definite uses, though, like when wanting to light up an entire area.

fyrstormer

Banned
Any further impressions on this light? There are some fairly positive reviews on other forums.

I was happy to see they added last-mode memory, if nothing else.

Last edited: