New Jetbeam products, RRT-15, RRT-21

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping that JetBeam updates the RRT-1 with the XM-L and keeps the original styling. Maybe with a nice smooth reflector like my EagleTac M3 XM-L has.
They already updated it with XP-G. RRT-1 is a thrower, with XM-L it would be another floody useless flashlight.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume the RRT15 is the replacement for the RRT-1? If so, pathetic. I had the RRT-1 with XRE and it was a great thrower. 13,000cd from this RRT15 - why is it so low with a 2" head?

I also assume the RRT21 is the replacement for the RRT-2. I had the RRT-2 back when it had the huge heavy copper heat sink (before they cheapened it up and went to the XPG). 6000 lux? thats it? I guess they have to change the brand name from jet beam to slow boat beam.

low mode run times look pretty bad too (as stated by others)

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
RRT-1 XP-G - 22klux/1m and 300lm
RRT-15 XM-L - 13klux/1m and 480lm

RRT-2 XR-E - 14klux/1m and 240lm
RRT-21 XM-L - 6klux/1m and 460lm

It's just sad :(

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
RRT-1 XP-G - 22klux/1m and 300lm
RRT-15 XM-L - 13klux/1m and 480lm

RRT-2 XR-E - 14klux/1m and 240lm
RRT-21 XM-L - 6klux/1m and 460lm

It's just sad :(

Very sad. It would look worse if you added the original RRT-1 XRE into you comparison.

Napalm

Enlightened
I'm dissapointed. Lumen battle gone mad, we have one more (two more actually) flashlight with no throw. There are Jtebeam IIIM, Jetbeam PA40, Eagle-Tac T20C2, Olight M20, Sunwayman M20C, Sunwayman T20C, Sunwayman V20C, Fenix TK21, Thrunite TM10, Thrunite Scorpion, Zebralight SC600, Spark SL6, Klarus XT10, Xeno G5, Xeno G10 and new Balder BD-2 (not to mention bigger flashlights like Maelstrom X7, Defier X1/X2 or Lumintop TD15X). My tiny Fenix PD31 outthrows most of them!

Throw battle gone mad ain't any better.

I'm curious though why you listed the Eagletac T20C2. It uses LED modules and you can configure it about any way you want. A well known dealer lists no less than 14 modules for it.

Nap.

gooseman

Newly Enlightened
They already updated it with XP-G. RRT-1 is a thrower, with XM-L it would be another floody useless flashlight.

If they kept the existing reflector dimensions maybe ... but my M3 XM-L throws beautifully and its not that much bigger. I don't see why they could not make the reflector maybe another 7 mm wider.

tam17

Enlightened

That's your opinion and I respect it. But I've always found throwers pretty much useless for any actual real life use.

Cheers,

Tam

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Throwers? Yes. I'm talking about "bigger EDCs" (not very pocketable but still fairly small), where good spill and proper throw are welcome. There is no such flashlight on the market. Thanks to the XM-L theones with acceptable throw are big, smaller ones have no throw at all. I have two flashlights with XM-L and small reflector (first one in D26 module, second id Sunwayman V20C) and they're useless for more than 30-50 yards despite high lumen numbers.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
But I've always found throwers pretty much useless for any actual real life use.
That does not mean throw is useless to all of us. If you lived where I live, you would have a different opinion. A flood light is not going to do anything when there are only 5 houses on 75 acres and you want to see what or who is "out there". That is not to say I don't like flood lights for indoor use and projects because I do. Each has a purpose.

Anyway, Jetbeam's claim to fame is making lights with some throw. That is what we have come to expect from them. I guess it is fine if they want to start making flood lights but it is too bad they are replacing models that had some throw with flood lights. I also don't understand why a flood light needs a 2" head.

Last edited:

Beckler

Enlightened
And the RRT21 page:
http://www.jet-beam.com/links/pro/rrt21.aspx

This is a very impressive light. Is this the first of its type? I.e. extremely bright, small (2x123), and the best part, infinitely variable output? I've certainly been waiting a long time for something like this. Surefire will be another 15 years developing an equivalent. :D

flame2000

Enlightened
Their P-Series 1xAA flashlight has a runtime of 32hrs@6lm...:confused:

Cheers,

Tam

That's very weird indeed. Maybe they got the spec wrong. 40hr on low is kind of pathetic for the RRT21 when other players can squeeze out 180~200hrs on a equivalent low mode.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tre is right - the RRT-1 R2 is no longer in production. No longer manufactured.
What's left, if any, is only unsold stock.

No disrespect to Tre, but if you are really interested in an RRT-1 R2 SMO, presently there are two left that I know of - please contact:
1) http://www.ledtorches.com.au/medium-size-torches/jetbeam-rrt-1-r2-240-lumens-led-torch/prod_187.html,
2) also contact www.globetrekker.com.au - I believe they have one left in R2 SMO.
I'm sure they'd both love to sell them to you!

I found the RRT-1 SMO to deliver a tiny little bright hotspot with lots of rings - and impractical for short distances, so I didn't buy it myself, however if you want maximum throw in a single 18650 size, the RRT-1 SMO with it's big two inch head diameter may be the best, or at least one of the best...

Beckler

Enlightened
Bring back the strike bezels!

Yes, and honestly I'd been hoping they'd just upgrade the RRT-2 with new LED and make it infinitely variable. Because it is my favorite-looking flashlight ever. But its 38-lumen low makes no sense (to me) and that's where the RRT-21 comes in.