new light on the horizon?

MadAmos

Newly Enlightened
Switchable optic would've been a nice bonus add to the light.
Does your light have a Primary Seal Ring installed? It's listed on the product descriptions but I don't see it on the light.

If you are describing the O-ring on the outside of the optic yes it is there (blue flourosilicate) I have not attempted to remove the bezel yet so if there is another o-ring in the head it is not visible.

archer6817j

Enlightened
Why would the forces on the switch spring be any different depending on which end of the tube you insert the battery?

Twisting puts crazy loads on the spring. I've actually seen the spring get snagged and "unwound" on a number of different lights. Those loads also damage the plastic switch housing and can lead to failure.

The difference is: if you rotate the tailcap the spring is rotating while the battery is stationary, generating rotational loads. The switch (and a spring generally) is designed for compressive loads, not rotational.

Hirudo

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else get their light yet? Is your bezel removeable? I'm having a very difficult time getting it to unscrew.
I have the stonewashed finish if that makes any difference.

I received my Delta (with spun finish) last week and I have not been able to remove the bezel, which would allow me to clean the face of the optics and/or the internal face of the front window :sigh:. Beneath the front window, the optics and/or the front window seem to be covered in smudges and what appear to be ridge lines from a finger print; however, these don't noticeably interfere with the beam quality.

Other than the smudges ;), this light is a solid 10/10! Physically, this light is machined to perfection, with silky smooth threads and no detectable blemishes. I selected the 319A 5K emitters with unknown optics (as there was not a drop down menu available at the time of purchase) and they produce reasonable flood and exceptional throw, with a slight green tint when compared to a 4500K MCE in one of my Alphas. This light is more portable than I anticipated, and will be at home in my pocket during these dark winter months. Overall, I would recommend this light to anyone and will be purchasing one for my wife. If anyone has tips for coaxing the bezel open, please let me know! Great work, Jason and team!
YdcMAWW.jpg

Newguy2012

Enlightened
I received my Delta (with spun finish) last week and I have not been able to remove the bezel, which would allow me to clean the face of the optics and/or the internal face of the front window :sigh:. Beneath the front window, the optics and/or the front window seem to be covered in smudges and what appear to be ridge lines from a finger print; however, these don't noticeably interfere with the beam quality.

Other than the smudges ;), this light is a solid 10/10! Physically, this light is machined to perfection, with silky smooth threads and no detectable blemishes. I selected the 319A 5K emitters with unknown optics (as there was not a drop down menu available at the time of purchase) and they produce reasonable flood and exceptional throw, with a slight green tint when compared to a 4500K MCE in one of my Alphas. This light is more portable than I anticipated, and will be at home in my pocket during these dark winter months. Overall, I would recommend this light to anyone and will be purchasing one for my wife. If anyone has tips for coaxing the bezel open, please let me know! Great work, Jason and team!

I got a reply from Jason on how to remove it.
Do you have a rubber hot pad? Or something similarly soft, leather can work as well. Place the head bezel down, grab the pill by the threads and push down while unscrewing. The crenelations should dig into the soft material and resist the twisting force.

The graphite thermal pad requires pressure to function correctly. It will not "set." Hope that helps!
I will eventually try it when a situation arises for me to use the spot optic. Installing a clean glass windows looks like a pain to do. Your configuration should be listed when you click on the tracking number from your order # email. You have the Narrow/spot optic. The 2 other options are frosted.

This is my first custom flashlight. I was intially hesitant to purchase one because of the cost but I'm glad I did. After using the light a few days, I wholeheartedly agree this light is perfection. I now understood why he got the reputation he does. The light is very well thought out with nothing superficial. The med optic + 4000K is the combination I exactly needed. It's very comfortable to use in cramp spaces and the uniform beam pattern helps me take pictures of a whole documents without shadows on my phone. I'm getting a lot of vesatility with this light.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I just saw the new metal button kit for Alphas and Deltas and I swear that custom spring looks suspiciously similar to the one shown on the prototype V.2 McClicky.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will do a review on all four soon. They are in transit.
I have the new switch tool, and it makes removing and
installing switch buttons a breeze.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone here use it with eagletec 18350? It's 2.5mm longer than the keeperpower. Will it fit the delta?
http://www.eagtac.com/html/accessories/features/4011.html
Don't do it.
While it might appear to function and work correctly, that protection board is only designed to
break the circuit past a 10A direct short, not when it reaches a 10A load. Most protected cells
will not safely provide the current to operate the Delta light past ~50% or so(2C). Although
they list a max 10A discharge, that is intermittent load and only a temporary rated drain. If the
cell is not rated for a Constant =>10A discharge rate, stay away with the Delta or Alpha Shorty.

When choosing a cell for the Delta flashlight bear in mind that it will be a constant ~3.4A draw
on 100%. Discharging a cell at a higher rate than it has been tested for will generate excess heat
and an unsafe environment within the battery tube. There are a few protected cells that are
rated for 5C safe operation, but most are button top and will fit too snugly for the designed
operation of the light. It also becomes easy to crush the button top of a cell if the light is dropped.

The Keeppower IMR or other brands of IMR cells, are rated for high discharge.
Stick with a quality brand name cell that has been rated for 10+ amps of constant current.
It is important to change/charge your cell if You notice a step down in output level.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
How do they feel in hand. I like the look of the fuller grooves, but with the radial grooves, it's got that classic Prometheus look.
I have the stone washed finish. The finish itself feels nice and smooth. I only have the radial model. I don't think there are any difference in the hand feel between the 2 designs. I don't really feel the radial grooves when griping the light in my hand. The light's handgrip comes from the clip and heatsink.

UIVeaDym.jpg