NEW Maratac Copper (Cu) CR123 XM-L LED Flashlight Available

T45

Enlightened
Thanks guys. Appreciate you taking the time to answer. Now could you guys please post some pics! Love to see some copper :)

recDNA

Flashaholic
If it were a clicky or H-M-L I would buy one. I hate twisting twice to get to high.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
What's with the disclaimer at the bottom of the product page saying that CountyComm does not recommend using RCR123's ?

egrep

Enlightened
Re: Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

But.... was the fatal flaw of the poor the oring placement fixed?!

egrep

Enlightened
I haven't seen too many pics of the Maratac Copper 123 disassembled, so I can't verify, but has anyone had this issue with their copper 123?

"They suffer from a issue that makes them worthless to me. I can't figure why so many are willing to overlook it. The o-ring is situated too close to the body. You can not loosen the head adequately to ensure the light is shut off without making it so loose the head falls off."

I would appreciate any first hand experience. Thank you.

LOL, that is my quote. :)

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jon, the rev2 was definitely better than the Rev 1. Though still not ideal for a twisty. I think there was a lot a variation on the rev1. My father still carries and uses his rev1 daily and has never had any problem losing the head.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Well it looks like the o-ring is still situated very close to the body in the Rev 3.
https://countycomm.com/collections/...er-cr123-led-flashlight-by-maratac-rev-3-2018

I bought a 14250 Copper Maratac from CountyComm which also had less than ideal head tightness. It looks beautiful (like the CR123 one above) but has a strange double o-ring system in the head to facilitate twisting first for low, then high. I don't feel that this mechanism is consistently reliable and the head loosens too much once past the o-rings.

Sadly its not designed by Jeff Hanko. ;)

easilyled

Flashaholic
Interesting. The video shows lightly longer threads than the Rev 2 and the tail is different as well....

It might be better but the o-ring placement is still very close to the head according to the picture. I think that's what egrep was alluding to. So even with longer threads, unless they have tight tolerances (which in my experience is not the case) then once the head is screwed past the o-ring it starts becoming quite loose.