NEW Maratac Copper (Cu) CR123 XM-L LED Flashlight Available

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NEW Maratac New Maratac Copper (Cu) CR123 XM-L LED Flashlight Available

I'll find out for sure when I open up my CU123 in the morning, but isn't that the AAA version in the middle?
AA is a full 3" long.
You are correct - I was in a hurry last night. ;) Thanks for pointing this out - I corrected my post.

cubebike

Enlightened

Just ordered! Looking forward for the patina it develops

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just ordered! Looking forward for the patina it develops

cubebike,

Did you order one from Mike? I didn't see them on his site.

Thanks
Todd

Last edited:

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I like the Cu123 a LOT. Feels solid in the hand, but not too heavy in the pocket. Smooth and luxurious. Tint's a little cooler than I like, but very white. No angry blue, green or purple.
I tried, but didn't notice the PWM. Then again, I didn't notice it on the AA or either of my AAA's, either. Perhaps I'm not particularly sensitive to it. YMMV.
It probably won't make it into my EDC rotation due to my preference for neutral clickies. But that's not what I got it for - I got it to ride along when I carry my golden flamey maple KE Bushie.

A comprehensive single-cell size comparison photo:

Single_Cell_Lights_zpsb3028f77.jpg

SSAAA, CuAAA, Ti, CuAA, E3S, Cu123, Ti D25C Clicky, Quark 123 Tactical, Groovy!, L2M

Here it is with its partner
Cu123andBushie2_zps87e7ea4a.jpg

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is very nice. It is quite heavy, I weighed it a just over 95g without a battery (specs say 94g), and 112g with battery. It operates very smoothy and the levels seem well chosen. The beam has a bright hotspot and wide rings profile, but I suspect at night it will be nice, and maybe will get a bit more throw than some other XP-G lights.

Mine came with an XP-G LED, did anyone get an XM-L as per the specs?

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is very nice. It is quite heavy, I weighed it a just over 95g without a battery (specs say 94g), and 112g with battery. It operates very smoothy and the levels seem well chosen. The beam has a bright hotspot and wide rings profile, but I suspect at night it will be nice, and maybe will get a bit more throw than some other XP-G lights.

Mine came with an XP-G LED, did anyone get an XM-L as per the specs?
I just got mine today and I agree. Mine came with an XP-G as well. really weird. I'll email them about it

S1LVA

Enlightened
Mine should be sitting on my porch for me when I get home from work.

Now I wonder what emitter is in mine also! XML would be great, it was a good selling point for me. I would have purchased the light either way. I also wouldn't mind an XPG, throw would be better. Also, in a single CR123 format, I can't imagine that the total OTF lumens would vary so much that it would be noticeable between the XML and the XPG.

Of course, I will follow up with pics and thoughts in a few hours.

:wave:
S1LVA

S1LVA

Enlightened
Snuck out of work early :devil:

Both of mine are XPG's. The beam is wonderful though. Nice tight hotspot, soft outer corona, and plenty of spill. No rings or donuts either, emitter is perfectly centered.

S1LVA

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone been brave (or foolhardy) enough to try an RCR123 yet? ;)

i just got back to my computer and I have. I used AW 16340s (750 mAh, 4.2v, etc) and I didn't not perceive any output difference. This is exactly how my old ZebraLight SC51 was, same output on primaries as li-ion secondaries.

your mileage may vary, of course.

I have the XP-G version, by the way. Apparently some people got XM-Ls but runtime was less and output was lower than an XP-G is what I've heard privately.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just tried an aw rcr123. fully charged it and ran it for a full 10 mins on high. it is alot brighter.
it didnt seem to hurt mine any. i do have the xp-g version.
i think ill use the rcr123 in mine for now on. :party:

houtex

Enlightened
ran an AW in it,no problems.
I did not do a runtime test but is was brighter with the rcr than the surefire 123.

Also, I broke out several other light to compare it with and my Cu is neutral.

I'm very fond of my new little,heavy light. reminds me of a shotgun shell.

ericb445

Newly Enlightened
I got mine tonight, It's nice. I ran rcr123 in it for a bit. It seemed a little brighter, but got freaked so I went back to a primary cell.

Latest posts