**NEW** Nitecore TM26

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many flashlights is the norm? Well, you'll soon have a great thrower and already have a great wall of light that share battery cases. The smaller case of the TM26 works quite well with the TM36 head. Many of us carry a light on our keys, plus a light in our pocket. Also spare lights to loan out and perhaps in vehicles. Flashlights also go to family and friends. When you don't need such a powerful thrower it is nice to have a more compact unit; likewise with a more compact flood. A headlamp or three is good to have around for so many uses. It is nice to have small pinchlights on zipper pulls of critical equipment and apparel. Maybe you so admire certain models of flashlights that it is desirable to acquire them for their own sake...and on and on. You should be concerned, and enjoy the ride. Welcome.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also spare lights to loan out and perhaps in vehicles.

I recently tossed a couple of cheap AA flashlights in my car. I already had myself covered. I realized, however, that if I were to get stuck in the dark, perhaps walking, I wanted my friends to have flashlights, too.

CMJ

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so it isn't new any more, but it is a great light that has proven to be worth the high price of $300 dollars. I didn't buy one at first because of the price, but now the cost has gone down and I was able to pick one up for $199.00. That was all I needed to get one. I really like this light and I suppose that it is a bit ugly depending on how you look at it, but I like the looks and having the OLED display is a nice feature, not really needed, but nice. How many other lights have the ability to tell you run time and battery level? Most just have an LED that turns red or blinks to tell you that the batteries are low. I wish more lights had this display.

virus_59

Newly Enlightened
Has everyone found batteries which fit well in the Nitecore ?

With copper rivet and a soldering iron, any battery fit fine ツ

P1130848_zpshpcbvcs2.jpg

P1130846_zpsth93jv7s.jpg

Beckler

Enlightened
I would just add that from what I have read, you can't really solder an 18650 without doing some thermal damage. People making li-ion packs will spot weld.